Systems Technician - Electrical
- Largest materials handling company in the world with a global presence
- long term business partners with outstanding business relationships
- quality trades teams accompanying renowned high tech innovative materials handling solutions
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide and specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovate solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions. We have sites all over the world and today we have an opportunity at Canberra Airport.
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for a qualified and experienced electrician to join our team as a "Systems Technician - Electrical", on a full time permanent basis. In this role you will be part of the team who are responsible for ensuring that all the baggage handling equipment, systems and services are maintained in good working order.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:-
- Ensure that the operations and maintenance for all aspects of Baggage Handling Systems and Passenger Boarding Bridges is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Ensure all faults, baggage jam and other issues are rectified in a quick, professional and safe manner.
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks are completed as per the schedule and accurately recorded.
- Responsible for any documentation, records or checklists are filled in correctly, on-time and meet the required standards.
- Liaise on a day to day basis with airport personnel, travelers and other persons in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Any other duties as directed by your Manager/ Supervisor.
Key skills to be considered for this role include the following:
- Certified Electrician - MANDATORY
- Experience with PLC & SCADA systems an advantage
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out various electrical tasks, i.e. renewals, repairs and maintenance.
- Previous experience in working to various schedules that include preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge and skills in Mechanical systems eg Conveyors / would be desirable.
- Proven skills in ensuring documentation, checks lists, and records are maintained and accurate.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- High level of customer service.
- Hours of work will be set by a roster. Due to the nature of the role, these hours may be rostered any time over 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. 38 hours a week
- Hold a current and clear driver's license.
- Able to obtain ASIC and airside driver's license.
- On the job training will be provided.
- A company uniform along with tools of the trade will be provided.
- Currently hold a CVR, LVR, if not the company will assist in this.
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal and external) above all else
- Respect & trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having Fun