System Technician - Mechanical
- Hands on maintenance, repair and fault finding role for an experienced Mechanic
- On-site training and learning opportunities
- Join a crew and be part of supportive team
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide and specialize in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovate solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions. We have sites all over the world and today we have an opportunity at Melbourne Airport.
About the Role
Have you just recently finished your apprenticeship or have 2- or 3-years' experience as a Mechanical Fitter? Are you looking for a role that is completely different and will be challenging! If yes, then we have a great opportunity at Melbourne Airport. You will be part of a team of likewise trade professionals and in your role as the "Systems Technician - Mechanical Fitter" you will have a wide range of responsibilities. This will include rectifying and fixing any faults with the baggage handling equipment along with carrying out preventative maintenance.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensure that the operations & maintenance for all aspects of SCADA (Baggage handling system, Passenger Boarding Bridges, Nose-In Guidance Systems (NIGS) is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all faults, baggage jam and other issues are rectified in a quick, professional and safe manner.
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks are completed as per the schedule and accurately recorded on the CMMS.
- Responsible for any documentation, records or checklists are filled in correctly, on-time and meet the required standards.
- Liaise on a day-to-day basis with airport personnel, travelers and other persons in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Any other duties as directed by your Manager/ Supervisor.
Key skills to be considered for this role include the following:
- Current and proven expertise in SCADA Systems, along with airflow or similar is vital.
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out various electrical tasks, i.e. renewals, repairs and maintenance.
- Previous experience in working to various scheduled that include preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge and skills in Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems is highly desirable.
- Proven skills in ensuring documentation, checks lists, and records are maintained and accurate.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- High level of customer service.
- Qualified Mechanical Fitter
- Able to work rotating shift including weekends and public holidays. Due to the nature of the role it is on a 7 rotational roster.
- Hold a current and clear driver's license.
- Able to obtain ASIC security Clearances and airside driver's license.
- Full training will be provided.
- A company uniform along tools of the trade will be provided.
- Currently hold a CVR, LVR.
- Daifuku OC is an essential service provider and full vaccination against COVID 19 may be a condition of employment for the successful applicant.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.