Based at our Auckland Head Office
- Have you worked in automated material handling? Do you understand how material flow and system design can impact performance?
- Are you experienced software specialist looking for a career with a global leader
- Are you able to influence stakeholders to grow our services offering?
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku is experiencing continued growth. In this newly created role we are looking for a simulation expert to build detailed simulations of our conveyor solutions for global clients. Using our class leading software Sym3 you will produce a simulation model and output report, detailing the impacts of:
- How Material flow affects the solution
- Clients business KPIs against the solution
- Sensitivity Analysis against the clients business model
- Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Working closely and openly with peers in Sales, Mechanical, Controls and Software teams to understand the products and client business case.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of the material flow diagram and produce a Sym3 Simulation for the project team to review
- Create new script based algorithms using JAVA, that reflect the function of new equipment or processes within the solution
- Conduct scenario based testing and sensitivity analysis centred around the business model
- Produce a detailed simulation report with a variety of standard visual aids to present to the client and project team showing the business case being met (or not), potential changes to the solution to meet or exceed performance KPI's
As a Simulation Engineer you will be a strong analytical thinker with a software or mathematical background. With the ability to clearly communicate complex information. You will understand how to use data models to test your simulation output and as a result, you will have proven experience identifying anomalies and making recommendations to address these.
Ideally you will have qualifications in Mathematical, Computer Science or Engineering coupled with significant experience working in industrial environments (Logistics, Warehousing, Aviation or Production) working to and delivering time bound and cost effective solutions. This will include excellent written communication and presentation skills.
If you are enjoy innovative thinking and challenging the status quo, we can offer you a visible role as part of a high performance business with strong growth agenda in new markets and regions.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities please forward your resume by COB 26 April 2019.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks