About the role
Be part of our teams responsible for efficient operations and maintenance of the materials handling systems based in Brisbane.
As a Global Leader in material handling automation, Daifuku continues to experience rapid growth. We seek Mechanical Technicians to be part of our teams in Redbank, Queensland responsible for maintaining and conducting preventative maintenance on materials handling equipment, systems and services.
Looking to be a part of a supportive, inclusive and knowledgeable team?
Daifuku Oceania was founded in 1993 and has developed from a New Zealand start-up into part of a global leader in material handling solutions driven by our vision and, most certainly, the exceptional people we employ. We assist with professional registrations and accreditation to support your career progression.
Responsibilities will include
- Install and perform diagnostic tests on the material handling systems.
- Develop, implement and escalate maintenance plans as appropriate to prevent equipment breakdowns.
- Troubleshooting malfunctions, faults, jams and breakdowns and performing the necessary repairs to restore full functionality.
- Diagnose faults and rectify communication issues associated with computer systems.
- Schedule assigned maintenance tasks using our onsite Computerised Maintenance Management System (MEX).
- Check Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System at the end of each shift for error messages and material data.
- Record keeping in support of Materials Handling Systems activities.
Your skills & experience
Your qualifications and experience will include -
- Trade qualification in mechanical industry
- Prior experience working through preventative maintenance schedules.
- Knowledge of fault diagnostics systems, processes and repairs.
- Have a strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to understand mechanical assembly drawings.
- Experience in mechanical drives, including gearboxes, conveyor belting.
- Experience in pneumatics and Hydraulics including Solenoid Valves, cylinders and flow regulators.
- Sound technical understanding of automated control systems in a Materials Handling Systems (MHS) or high-speed processing environment.
- Experience with PLC fault-finding, SCADA systems, and Asibus preferred.
- Ability to work a rotating shift.
- Requirement for a current and clear driver's licence.
- Robust Employee Wellness Program
- Friendly, supportive respectful, and approachable team
- Work within a growth industry that provides limitless opportunities
- Daifuku Oceania operates across multiple locations in Australia, New Zealand and Japan
- Career Development Opportunities
- Peer to Peer recognition and Rewards Program
About Daifuku Oceania
Daifuku Oceania is a subsidiary of Daifuku, a global business with over 11,000 individuals worldwide, delivering material handling automation, self-service technology, and intralogistics solutions to our partners worldwide. We are proud of our reputation as leaders within the aviation and logistics sectors, highly regarded for our technology and digital innovation.
Daifuku Oceania has offices in New Zealand, Australia, and Malaysia, employing 600+ dedicated team members to provide our clients end-to-end solutions and customer care globally.
Our Company Values
Our Core Values are essential to our business. It defines our culture and is what sets us apart.
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding Service and Value to the Customer
- Respect and Trust for Each Other
- To Look Beyond the Obvious
- Having fun
Is Daifuku Your future?
It is an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. If you are looking for a positive development opportunity where you will be supported towards a rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Please note we aim to review applications as they are received - therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.