It's an exciting time to join Daifuku. As a global leader in baggage handling and material handling automation, we are enjoying continuing growth, including in the services we deliver to our aviation partners such as Perth Airport.
About the role
The baggage handling system of an airport is a vital piece of equipment responsible for ensuring a successful passenger experience and, ultimately, the reputation and satisfaction of airports and airlines.
As a Trade Assistant, you will become part of the team ensuring the efficient inspection, operation and maintenance of the airport's Baggage Handling System This is an immediate full-time, permanent opportunity.
You can expect to join a supportive, inclusive, knowledgeable, and reliable team. As an organisation we support professional and career growth and development opportunities, working together towards to be better tomorrow than today.
What you'll be doing
Working as part of a dedicated team, your key functions include:
- Troubleshooting mechanical malfunctions, faults, baggage jams and breakdowns.
- Perform the repairs timely to keep the system operating effectively.
- Document processes and maintaining mechanical service records.
- Monitoring the availability of parts and replenishing supplies supported by the onsite team.
- Maintaining a tidy work environment and adhering to industry regulations
- To ensure that all maintenance tasks, including cleaning, are carried out on schedule and is accurately recorded.
Your skills & experience
To succeed in this role, you will
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of system fall back procedures.
- Knowledge in control system operation and PLC fault-finding.
- Prior experience working through preventative maintenance schedules.
- Previous SCADA systems and Asibus experience will be advantageous.
- You are available to work on a rotating roster.
- You are safety focused and team oriented.
- Computer Literacy
- Current Australia Driver's License.
- Robust Employee Wellness Program
- A friendly, supportive, and respectful team
- Work within a growth industry that provides limitless opportunity
- Career Development Opportunities
- Peer-to-Peer Recognition and Rewards Program
About our Company
Daifuku Oceania is a subsidiary of Daifuku, a global business with over 11,000 individuals worldwide, delivering material handling automation, self-service technology and intralogistics solutions to our partners worldwide.
We are proud of our reputation as leaders within the aviation and logistics sectors, highly regarded for our technology and digital innovation.
Daifuku Oceania was founded in 1993 and has developed from a New Zealand start-up into part of a global leader in material handling solutions driven by our vision and, most certainly, the exceptional people we employ. Daifuku Oceania has offices in New Zealand, Australia and Malaysia, employing 700 dedicated team members to provide our clients end-to-end solutions and customer care globally.
Our Company Values
Our Core Values are essential to our business. It defines our culture and is what sets us apart.
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding Service and Value to the Customer
- Respect and Trust for Each Other
- To Look Beyond the Obvious
- Having fun
How to apply
It is an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. If you are looking for a positive development opportunity where you will be supported towards a rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Make Daifuku Your Future - Apply now via the Link
Please note we aim to review applications as they are received - therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.