About the role
The material handling system of the logistics industry is a vital piece of equipment responsible for ensuring the successful fullfillment of orders and, ultimately, the reputation and satisfaction of our customers.
We have an opportunity for an Electrical System Technician to join our Team at Tullamarine, Melbourne, ensuring the Material Handling System is operting effectively.
Key to your daily program will be to perform diagnostic testing, develop, implement, and escalate electrical maintenance plans, troubleshoot malfunctions, faults and breakdowns and perform repairs to help keep our system fully functional.
Being part of the Tullamarine Logistcs Team, you can expect to join a supportive, inclusive, knowledgeable, and reliable team. As a company, we pride ourselves on providing growth and development opportunities, supporting your career progression and ongoing opportunities.
What you'll be doing
Working as part of a dedicated team, your key functions include:
- Install and perform diagnostic tests on the material handling system.
- Develop, implement and escalate electrical maintenance plans as appropriate.
- Troubleshooting electrical malfunctions, faults and breakdowns and performing the necessary repairs to restore full functionality.
- Diagnose faults and rectify communication issues associated with computer systems.
- Schedule assigned maintenance tasks using our onsite Computerised Maintenance Management System (MEX).
- Complete accurate and timely administration and record keeping in support of Material Handling System activities.
- Check Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System at the end of each shift for error messages and daily data.
Your skills & experience
You'll be looking to join a team that is invested in your success and future. Your qualifications and experience will include:
- A unrestricted Victoria Electrical License.
- Trade qualifications in electrical industry.
- Prior experience working through preventative maintenance schedules.
- Knowledge of fault diagnostics systems, processes and repairs.
- Proficiency in electrical design and diagnostic testing software beneficial.
- Experience with PLC fault-finding, SCADA systems, and Asibus preferred.
- Ability to work a rotating shift.
- Employee Wellness and Support Program.
- A Friendly, supportive, respectful and approachable team.
- Work within a growth industry that provides limitless opportunity.
- Our business works across multiple locations in Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
- Career Development Opportunities and exposure to new technologies.
- Peer-to-Peer Recognition and Rewards Program
About our Company
Daifuku Oceania is a subsidiary of Daifuku, a global business with over 11,000 individuals worldwide, delivering material handling automation, self-service technology and intralogistics solutions to our partners worldwide.
We are proud of our reputation as leaders within the aviation and logistics sectors, highly regarded for our technology and digital innovation.
Daifuku Oceania was founded in 1993 and has developed from a New Zealand start-up into part of a global leader in material handling solutions driven by our vision and, most certainly, the exceptional people we employ.
Daifuku Oceania has offices in New Zealand, Australia and Malaysia, employing 700 dedicated team members to provide our clients end-to-end solutions and customer care globally.
Our Company Values
Our Core Values are essential to our business. It defines our culture and is what sets us apart.
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding Service and Value to the Customer
- Respect and Trust for Each Other
- To Look Beyond the Obvious
- Having fun
How to apply
It is an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. If you are looking for a positive development opportunity where you will be supported towards a rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
Make Daifuku Your Future - Apply now
Please note we aim to review applications as they are received - therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.