Daifuku Oceania is a global leader in automation. We have an opportunity for a Electrical System Technician to become part of our experienced team at Canberra Airport.
About the role
The baggage handling system of an airport is a vital piece of equipment responsible for ensuring a successful passenger experience and, ultimately, the reputation and satisfaction of airports and airlines.
As an System Technician, you will make up an essential part of the Team at Canberra Airport, ensuring the equipment's effective ongoing operations and maintenance.
Key to your daily program will be to perform diagnostic testing, develop, implement, and escalate electrical maintenance plans, troubleshoot malfunctions, faults and breakdowns and perform repairs to help keep our system fully functional.
Being part of the Daifuku team at Canberra Airport, you will join a supportive, inclusive, knowledgeable, and reliable team. As a company, we pride ourselves on providing growth and development opportunities with our leadership supporting your career progression and enhancement.
What you'll be doing
Working as part of our Operations and Maintenance Team, your key functions include:
- Install and perform diagnostic tests on the baggage handling systems.
- Develop, implement and escalate electrical maintenance plans as appropriate to prevent costly equipment breakdowns.
- Troubleshooting electrical malfunctions, faults, baggage jams and breakdowns and performing the necessary repairs to restore full functionality.
- Diagnose faults and rectify communication issues associated with computer systems.
- Schedule assigned maintenance tasks using our onsite Computerised Maintenance Management System (MEX).
- Check Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) System at the end of each shift for error messages and baggage data.
- Accurately record all work for maintenance and fault rectification.
Your skills & experience
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- Hold New South Wales Electrical License.
- Trade qualifications in electrical background.
- Prior experience working through preventative maintenance schedules.
- Knowledge of fault diagnostics systems, processes and repairs.
- Proficiency in electrical design and diagnostic testing software beneficial.
- Experience with PLC fault-finding, SCADA systems, and Asibus preferred.
- Ability to work a rotating shift.
- Requirement for a current and clear driver's licence.
- Employee Wellness Program
- Friendly, supportive, respectful and approachable team
- Work within a growth industry that provides limitless opportunity
- Our business works across multiple locations in Australia, New Zealand and Japan
- Career Development Opportunities and exposure to new technologies
- Peer-to-Peer Recognition and Rewards Program
About our Company
Daifuku Oceania is a subsidiary of Daifuku, a global business with over 11,000 individuals worldwide, delivering material handling automation, self-service technology and intralogistics solutions to our partners worldwide.
We are proud of our reputation as leaders within the aviation and logistics sectors, highly regarded for our technology and digital innovation.
Daifuku Oceania was founded in 1993 and has developed from a New Zealand start-up into part of a global leader in material handling solutions driven by our vision and, most certainly, the exceptional people we employ.
Daifuku Oceania has offices in New Zealand, Australia and Malaysia, employing 700 dedicated team members to provide our clients end-to-end solutions and customer care globally.
Our Company Values
Our Core Values are essential to our business. It defines our culture and is what sets us apart.
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding Service and Value to the Customer
- Respect and Trust for Each Other
- To Look Beyond the Obvious
- Having fun
Is Daifuku Your future?
If you're looking to be valued for your expertise and grow your career in a global company offering world-class opportunities, please apply!
Please note we aim to review applications as they are received - therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.