LLC Controls Engineer
Daifuku Oceania is a global leader in material handling automation. We provide solutions that keep the world moving. If you strive for innovation, and working in a controls design team read on...
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku Oceania continues to experience rapid growth designing and delivering an increasingly complex projects of material handling projects for Aviation and Logistic clients.
As an LLC Controls Sales Engineer based in our Melbourne Office, you will be working with the customer designing, implementing and commissioning control systems in accordance with defined project parameters (scope, budget, schedule and quality) for projects undertaken by the Daifuku Group.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Detailed control system architecture designing, electrical and fieldbus designing of conveyor-based systems
- Designing calculations for the correct sizing and selection of cables and electrical equipment
- BOM Procurement and third-party technical clarification
- Development of PLC software (Siemens S7-TIA, Rockwell, Omron )
- Undertaking safety in design review
- Development of functional description specifications
- Technical / quality supervision of sub-contractors during commissioning
- Office Factory acceptance testing using our emulation and SCADA software
- On-site commissioning, fault-finding and troubleshooting of conveyor systems
- Site acceptance testing
- Attendance at client/project meetings (Kick-off, Weekly, Close-out).
- Validation of all electrical based CAD drawings
- Adherence to all company processes, policies and procedures with regards to health and safety, administration, quality and project management.
- Maintenance of engineering design standards
- Other duties related to designing, implementing and commissioning control systems
- Write high-quality engineering documents such as reports and manuals
As an LLC Controls Sales Engineer, you will have proven experience in detailed electrical and control system engineering design with in-depth knowledge of electrical and control systems, including detailed design, costing and project management, and knowledge of Siemens / Rockwell PLC's.
You will be able to commission controls related systems and be willing to travel for auditing, scoping and commissioning activities.
You should have knowledge of Australian Electrical and safety Standards and their application.
Knowledge of AS- Interface system, ProfiNet and Eplan electrical drawing package can be an advantage but not essential.
You must have with Tertiary qualifications in Mechatronics, Electrical, Bachelor of Engineering or extensive industry experience.
Based on your problem solving ability, critical reasoning, innovative thinking, relationship building and communication skills are seen as a trusted advisor by your stakeholders. You enjoy working in a supportive team, where knowledge sharing is encouraged.
To succeed in this role, you will be passionate about good project delivery discipline, have a strong safety focus and be used to working in a fast paced business experiencing growth. If so we can offer you the chance to work on complex business critical projects.
You'll be joining a business with over 9,000 team members worldwide, delivering material handling automation solutions to our customers. We are proud of our reputation as specialists in the aviation and logistics sectors, where we are changing the game through technology and digital innovation.
Our safety absolutes and our inclusiveness are integral to our culture, where individual contributions and differences are valued. We encourage and celebrate creativity to look beyond the obvious, together creating ‘automation that inspires".
Could Daifuku be your future?
If you're looking to progress your career, in a global company offering world-class opportunities, we encourage you to apply immediately.
Please note we aim to review applications as they are received.