System Technician Electrical
Be part of the team responsible for efficient operations and maintenance of the airport baggage handling and other technology systems.
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation, Daifuku continues to experience rapid growth. Currently, we have a great opportunity for a qualified electrician to join our team as an Electrical System Technician, based at Auckland Airport.
In this role, you'll be contributing to customer satisfaction by helping maintain and conduct preventative maintenance on baggage handling equipment, Passenger Boarding Bridges and other operational systems and services.
Working on rostered shifts as part of a dedicated and professional team, responsibilities will include
- Ensuring the efficient operation and maintenance of all aspects of Baggage Handling Systems and Passenger Boarding Bridges
- Maintaining a safe working environment, alert to the safety of self and others
- Ensuring all faults, baggage jams and other issues are rectified in a quick, professional and safe manner
- Ensuring that all maintenance tasks are completed as per the schedule and accurately recorded
- Accurate documentation, records or checklists, on time and meeting the required standards
- Liaising on a day-to-day basis with airport personnel and travellers in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
You will be a Certified Licenced Electrician, bringing the following:
- PLC & SCADA systems experience an advantage
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out various electrical and mechanical tasks, i.e. renewals, repairs and maintenance
- Availability to work on rotating shifts (rostered over 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
- Previous experience in working to various schedules that include preventative maintenance
- Knowledge and skills in Mechanical systems eg Conveyors / would be desirable
- Proven skills in ensuring documentation, checklists and records are maintained and accurate
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Commitment to a high level of customer service.
- A safety-first approach
- Current and clean driver's licence
For over 100 years, Daifuku has pioneered the development of material handling systems that revolutionise operations across a range of industries worldwide. Rated the #1 Material Handling Provider, we continue to create technology that pushes the boundaries of our collective imaginations, igniting the curiosity that keeps Daifuku 'Always an Edge Ahead.'
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal and external) above all else
- Respect & trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having Fun
Is Daifuku Your future?
It is an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. If you would like to discuss your career goals, please apply!