Graduate LLC Controls Engineer
Graduate career opportunity to grow your career in an innovative, global leader in material handling automation engineering projects
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation, Daifuku Oceania continues to experience rapid growth designing and delivering an increasingly complex portfolio of material handling projects for Aviation and Logistic clients.
As a Graduate LLC Controls Engineer, based in our Auckland office, you will be designing, implementing and commissioning control systems in accordance with defined project parameters (scope, budget, schedule and quality) for projects undertaken by the Daifuku Group.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Design calculations for the correct sizing and selection of cables and electrical equipment
- BOM Procurement and third-party technical clarification
- Development of PLC software (Siemens S7, TIA / Rockwell) based on standard library
- Technical / quality supervision of sub-contractors during commissioning
- Office Factory acceptance testing using our emulation and SCADA software
- Commissioning of conveyor systems during on site activities
- Adherence to all health & Safety, quality and project management policy and procedures
- Maintenance of engineering design standards
As a graduate LLC Controls Engineer, you will have some experience in electrical and control system engineering design, with in-depth knowledge of electrical and control systems. Ideally you are familiar with Siemens / Rockwell PLC's and you will have introductory knowledge of commission controls related systems.
You will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechatronics, NZCE Electrical or Bachelor of Engineering
- Relevant exposure to industry/project experience
- Critical reasoning, innovative thinking and strong communication skills
You'll be keen to work in a fast-paced, project driven environment, contributing to a supportive team, where knowledge-sharing is encouraged. You'll be an advocate for good project delivery discipline and have a strong safety focus.
You'll be joining a business with over 9,000 team members worldwide, delivering material handling automation solutions to our customers. We are proud of our reputation as specialists in the aviation and logistic sectors, where we are changing the game through technology and digital innovation.
Our safety absolutes and our inclusiveness are integral to our culture, where individual contribution and differences are valued. We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation, together creating "automation that inspires".
Our Company Values
- Think Safe - Act Safe - Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal & external)
- Respect and trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having fun
Is Daifuku Your future?
If you're looking to build the foundations of your career in a global company offering world-class opportunities, we are keen to hear from you!
Please note we aim to review applications from mid-January - therefore we encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.