IT Solutions Engineer
Bring your IT expertise and be involved in diverse projects, end-to-end through the life-cycle of the project.
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation, Daifuku Oceania continues to experience growth.
The current opportunity, based at our office at Melbourne Airport, is for an experienced IT Solutions Engineer to execute global IT Infrastructure and Software projects globally, with a focus on Melbourne Airport projects. This involves IT, Database and application design, installation, configuration, documenting, deployment, site testing, support and end-user training throughout the project lifecycle.
Based in our Melbourne Airport office and with the opportunity to travel to project sites, responsibilities will include:
- Assist Airport Operations staff with IT application related issues and questions
- Producing and maintaining engineering plans, network design, system security design and more
- Preparing functional design specification documentation
- Preparing and executing project documentation including design documents, test plans & as-built documentation.
- Specify the IT hardware / software components according to project requirements
- Assisting with hardware set up within our office to facilitate Factory Acceptance Testing
- Preparing user manuals
- Responding to escalated support queries
- Availability for travel in Australia/NZ.
As an experienced IT Solutions Engineer, you will have a track record in IT engineering with exposure to working in an industrial environment. With a strong work ethic, a collaborative team approach and comfortable engaging with management and customers, you enjoy seeing the IT systems in action in a live and continuously evolving environment.
You will be valued for your experience in some or all of the following areas:
- A minimum of 3 years IT experience - post graduate or equivalent
- Experience with IT infrastructure in industrial environment
- Exposure to a range of IT technologies including
- Windows and AD administration
- Cyber Security
- Network, VPN and switch configurations
- Knowledge of Azure / AWS administration
- MS SQL Database configuration and administration, a basic SQL query skills.
- Understanding of PLC based control systems
- Experience working with ISO27001 is a bonus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including confidence in report writing
You'll be joining a business with over 9,000 team members worldwide, delivering material handling automation solutions to our customers. We are proud of our reputation as specialists in the aviation and logistics sectors, where we are changing the game through technology and digital innovation.
Our safety absolutes and our inclusiveness are integral to our culture, where individual contribution and differences are valued.
Our Company Values
- Think Safe - Act Safe - Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal & external)
- Respect and trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having fun
Is Daifuku Your future?
It's an exciting time to be part of Daifuku Oceania. If you're looking to be valued for your expertise and grow your career in a global company offering world-class opportunities, please apply!
Please note we aim to review applications as they are received - therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.