Work Health and Safety Advisor
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation, Daifuku Oceania continues to experience rapid growth in delivery of Airports, Warehouse and Courier logistics projects. As a result, we are seeking an experienced safety professional to join our team as a WHSE Advisor NZ.
In this hands-on role, you will be reporting to the Group WHSE Manager, supporting and assisting the NZ arm of the business and Daifuku Group WHS&E Manager across sites, ensuring compliance to HQSE management systems, local legislation, and external accreditation (ISO45001,14001) requirements.
As a key member of the team and implementation of key site safety processes, monitoring of compliance to the WHSE systems, conducting safety audits and investigations, your varied responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Group WHS&E Manager in providing professional expertise in the implementation monitoring and continuous improvement of the Safety Management System (including operational Safety, Quality processes & Environmental Management)
- Working collaboratively to implement the Workplace Health and Safety procedure, JSA's and SWMs within the team and assess local site operational procedures to improve risk assessments
- Attending sites, driving local safety initiatives, and ensuring compliance to site safety processes and best practice policies on local, and clients' sites
- Actively engage with staff at all levels to promote safety awareness and communicates business safety notifications / messages effectively
- Ensuring hazards are identified, risks are methodically assessed, and corrective control measures are promptly implemented and reviewed
- Assist management with conducting internal audits, incident investigations, risk assessments and reviews
- Monitoring return to work (RTW) cases, regularly communicate with external workers compensation / injury management providers, internal management, and the injured employee
- Facilitating and undertake training for employees, contractors, and management,
- Championing the development and implementation of our Safety Pillars, Safety Absolutes and Core Company Values
As a seasoned safety professional, you will have a proven track record and experience in delivering best practice OHS standards. Ideally you will have experience within a material handling, automation and/or construction environment, however this is not essential.
- Experience working within a unionised environment would be advantageous
- Formal OHS qualification at a MSc, BSc, NEBOSH, NVQ/City & Guilds, Diploma or Cert IV in OH&S are required
- Certificates in adult learning or training would be advantageous
- A working knowledge of local site workplace Health and Safety legislation, regulations, standards, procedures, and codes of practice
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively to ensure continuous improvement culture is attained
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in high-risk work environment would be advantageous
- Expertise in the MS Suite of productions i.e. Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ISO45001 and 14001 criteria and experience in applying these in the workplace
- Able to work outside normal business hours when required i.e. audits/ investigations with clients who operate 24/7
- Police and Medical checks may be required
- Current and clear driver's license
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and used to working in a fast-paced business experiencing growth.
You'll be joining a business with over 9,000 team members worldwide, delivering material handling automation solutions to our customers. We are proud of our reputation as specialists in the aviation and logistics sectors, where we are changing the game through technology and digital innovation.
Our safety absolutes and our inclusiveness are integral to our culture, where individual contributions and differences are valued. We encourage and celebrate creativity to look beyond the obvious, together creating ‘automation that inspires"
Could Daifuku be your future?
If you're looking to progress your career, in a global company offering world-class opportunities, we encourage you to apply immediately.
Please note we aim to review applications as they are received