- Health Insurance Contribution + Access EAP Services
- Supportive and collaborative team culture
- Supererior location next to Health Centre + local cafe's + bus route
For over 100 years, Daifuku has pioneered the development of material handling systems that revolutionise operations across a range of industries worldwide. Rated the #1 Material Handling Provider for 8 years running, we continue to create technology that pushes the boundaries of our collective imaginations, igniting the youthful curiosity within us all that keeps Daifuku 'Always an Edge Ahead.' Join our team of 9,000 talented individuals across the globe.
About the role
As a Procurement Officer, you will be responsible in ensuring that purchasing and procurement activities in support of projects operate efficiently and effectively, providing all parties with materials in a timely manner.
- Create purchase orders in support of business requirements
- Update and regularly report to key stakeholders on the status of all items ordered
- Ensure timely processing and delivery of all procurement requirements by working with internal and external parties
- Obtain competitive prices/quotes for goods and services as required
- Maintain knowledge of forecasted resource hours per project
- Maintain accurate supplier details on buying systems
- Monitor suppliers to ensure best price and timely delivery of materials
- Liaise with project teams on consolidation of equipment for projects
- Develop and maintain product and process knowledge of internal and external purchasing categories to procurement team and others
Skills and Experience:
While knowledge of the Automation Industry is preferred, we are looking for a candidate with:
- Minimum 3 years experience sourcing Goods and Service within a Project Environment
- Sound understanding of purchasing policies, principles, processes and procedures
- Strong numeracy and budgeting skills
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with computerised systems including Intranet, internet, Microsoft Access, Word and Excel to an intermediate level
- Strong understanding of electrical/electronic parts and suppliers highly advantageous
What to expect:
This team environment is very supportive, works together as a team towards achieving their goals and enjoys to have a bit of fun.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.