Technical Services Manager
If you understand and enjoy the complexities of airport operations and enjoy problem-solving to enhance asset performance, consider joining the global leader in materials handling automation - we provide solutions that keep the world moving.
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation, Daifuku is enjoying continuing growth, including in the services we deliver to our aviation partners.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support and direction to the Operations and Maintenance team based at Auckland Airport. This is the team whose expertise ensures efficient operations of Baggage Handling systems, Passenger Boarding Bridges and Freight Handling Systems.
The scope of this role will require you to wear a number of hats, being up-to-the-minute with new technology and applying your PLC Programming skills to trouble-shooting system faults, either in the field, or remotely. There will never be a dull moment!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Be part of a 24/7 roster team providing detailed technical support and fault-finding services to on-site system technicians.
- Adapt at working and supporting remotely complex industrial control systems within an airport environment is essential.
- Ability to read, understand, and fault find installed PLC Code, Siemens TIA Portal V17 / Allen Bradley / Omron.
- Able to read, understand electrical installation drawings and fault find installations.
- Provide technical leadership, guidance and coaching to the Operations & Maintenance Team.
- Manage technical team to ensure high quality service to our aviation clients.
- Leading and developing a diverse team of electrical and mechanical specialists, providing technical advice.
- Leading Continuous Improvement initiatives.
As a manager, you will be known as someone who thinks outside the box to enable responsiveness to time-bound challenges. Growing as a leader, you will be keen to build on your electrical, control system engineering background and previous airport experience, including
- Previous airport based experience in a similar position.
- A track record in automation control systems engineering design and project development, from concept to commissioning.
- Relevant qualification such as bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or associated discipline, PLC Programming qualification / Registered Electrical Contractors (REC) Licence.
- Have a working knowledge of industrial field BUS Systems, i/e, ProfiNet, ASI BUS, Profibus, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Ethernet IP.
- Experience using Industrial Control Systems such as SCADA or similar.
- Experience in PLC fault-finding and programming
- A proven background in fault-finding practices, root cause analysis processes and rectification/corrective action implementation.
- Proven skills in reviewing, reading, and revising schematic and electrical drawings.
- Knowledge of NZ Electrical and Safety Standards and their applications.
To succeed in this role, you will have proven skills in understanding complex systems integration and their functions and have strong negotiation and influencing skills (at all levels), understanding the importance of clear communication to gain stakeholder buy-in.
You will have a strong safety focus and be used to working in a fast-paced business experiencing growth, where flexibility is required to work 24/7 for scheduled technical activities and/or provide out-of-hours support.
You'll be joining a business with over 9,000 team members worldwide, delivering material handling automation solutions to our customers. We are proud of our reputation as specialists in the aviation and logistics sectors, where we are changing the game through technology and digital innovation.
Our Company Values
Our Core Values are essential to our business. It defines our culture and is what sets us apart.
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding Service and Value to the Customer
- Respect and Trust for Each Other
- To Look Beyond the Obvious
- Having fun
Is Daifuku Your future?
It is an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. If you are looking for leadership role where your technical expertise, airport operations experience and relationship management skills will be valued, we would love to hear from you.
Please note we aim to review applications as they are received - therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.