24 month fixed term
About the Role
In the complex, exciting operational environment of Auckland Airport, this role will support the project and Site Manager with supervising the work of contractors conducting installation and decommissioning works, also assisting with planning and scheduling. Combining your hands-on technical ‘know-how', supervisory experience, and communication skills, responsibilities will include
- Providing clear direction to sub-contractors on site to ensure the efficient and safe implementation of our project, within a live operational environment
- Supervising sub-contractors ensuring timely delivery of work, adherence to technical specifications and maintaining high levels of workmanship & quality
- Reviews of SWMS/JSA's to ensure suitability to tasks
- Reading, reviewing and understanding design documentation and drawings
- Assisting the Site Manager with site progress tracking tools to monitor the progress of sub-contractors in accordance with the main project schedule
- Assisting the Site Manager with site QA ensuring installation testing is thoroughly carried out, recorded, and signed off
- Assisting the Site Manager with site design, including coordination of services, the establishment of cable routes, positioning of equipment etc
With a mechanical or electrical trade qualification, you'll bring practical technical skills with exposure to industrial plant automation and experience in supervising industrial maintenance teams. You'll be flexible to meet the needs of the project, including the anticipated 40% of the work is at night. Additional strengths will include your
- Confidence to communicate and coordinate with team members, suppliers, and customer
- Ability to develop and implement solutions to installation issues
- Focus on solutions, bringing 'out of the box thinking
- Technical competence using Microsoft Word, Excel.
- Competence in reading and understanding detailed design documentation
- Ability to work in a highly secured area and to obtain Aviation Security Clearance for airside access
On-site parking is provided.
You'll be joining a business with over 9,000 team members worldwide, delivering material handling automation solutions to our customers. We are proud of our culture and our reputation as specialists in the aviation and logistics sectors, where we are changing the game through technology and digital innovation.
Our safety absolutes and our inclusiveness are integral to our culture, where individual contributions and differences are valued. We encourage and celebrate creativity and innovation, together creating "automation that inspires".
Our Company Values
- Think Safe - Act Safe - Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal & external)
- Respect and trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having fun
Is Daifuku Your future?
If you're looking for a supervisory role in a global company offering world-class opportunities, please apply!
Please note we aim to review applications as they are received - therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.