Daifuku Oceania is an innovative, global leader in material handling automation engineering projects. We provide solutions that keep the world moving.
If you strive for innovation and working in the controls design team, read on ...
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation, Daifuku Oceania continues to experience rapid growth in designing and delivering increasingly complex projects of material handling projects for Aviation and Logistics clients.
As an LLC Controls Engineer based in our Brisbane/Melbourne Office, you will be designing, implementing, and commissioning Omron CJ, CS series control systems by defined project parameters (scope, budget, schedule, and quality) for projects undertaken by the Daifuku Group.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Detailed control system architecture designing, electrical and Fieldbus designing of conveyor-based systems
- Develop and modify PLC programs for Omron CJ and CS series PLCs
- PRM21 Profibus, EIP21, and ASI Fieldbus design and configurations on-site
- Designing calculations for the correct sizing and selection of cables and electrical equipment.
- BOM Procurement and third-party technical clarification
- Development of functional description specifications.
- Technical/quality supervision of sub-contractors during commissioning
- Office Factory acceptance testing using our emulation and SCADA software
- On-site commissioning, fault-finding and troubleshooting of conveyor systems
- Site acceptance testing
- Validation of all electrical-based CAD drawings
As an LLC Controls Engineer, you will have proven experience in detailed electrical and control system engineering design with an in-depth knowledge of Omron CX software suite, CJ & CS series PLCs, and Fieldbuses such as Profibus, EIP, ENT, and ASI.
You will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications in Mechatronics, Electrical, Bachelor of Engineering or extensive industry experience
- The relevant experience with commission controls-related systems
- Willing to travel for auditing, scoping and commissioning activities
- Knowledge of the Australian Electrical and Safety Standards and their application
To succeed in this role, You'll be keen to work in a fast-paced, project-driven environment, contributing to a supportive team, where knowledge-sharing is encouraged. You'll be an advocate for good project delivery discipline and have a strong safety focus and problem-solving ability.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistics industries. We are the world's leading exponent of material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you!
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.