Technical Services Manager
Technical Leadership opportunity with Daifuku to lead, educate and develop our technical teams involved in ensuring efficient operations at the Auckland Airport site
If you enjoy solving, complex time-bound problems to enhance asset performance, this is an opportunity to join the global leader in materials handling automation - we provide solutions that keep the world moving.
About the role
Daifuku is enjoying continuing growth, including in the services we deliver to our aviation partners.
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support and direction to the Operations and Maintenance team based at Auckland Airport. This is the team whose expertise ensures efficient operations of Baggage Handling systems, Passenger Boarding Bridges and Freight Handling Systems.
This is a diverse role that will require you to wear a number of hats and be responsive across asset performance management, being up-to-the-minute with new technology and applying your PLC Programming skills to trouble-shooting system faults, either in the field, or remotely. There will never be a dull moment!
Key responsibilities will include:
- Technical systems management
- Provide remote support with a 24/7 operational environment
- Ensure that Asset condition and performance reports are maintained
- Communicate and liaise with key stakeholders
- Leading and developing a diverse team of electrical and mechanical specialists
- Ensure that all technical documentation and record keeping is updated and maintained
- Develop plans to extend or replace the life of assets across the airport
- Leading Continuous Improvement initiatives
As a Technical Manager you will be recognised by your peers for your conceptual reasoning skills and ability to calmly respond to and resolve complex time bound problems. As a leader you will be passionate about sharing your technical knowledge with stakeholders and developing your team. You will have the capacity to switch between operational and strategic thinking, and know the importance of clear communication to gain stakeholder buy-in.
Ideally, you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role within a large complex environment such as Aviation, Logistics and Transport.
This will include:
- Experience using Industrial Control Systems such as SCADA or similar
- A strong track record in automation control systems engineering design and project development
- Experience in PLC fault finding and programming (Omron, Siemens, Mitsubishi and Allen Bradley)
- A proven background in fault finding practices, root cause analysis processes, and rectification / corrective action implementation
- Proven skills in reviewing, reading, and revising schematic and electrical drawings
To succeed in this role, you will be skilled in understanding complex systems integration and their functions and have strong negotiation and influencing skills at all levels. You will have a strong safety focus and be used to working in a fast-paced business, where flexibility is required to work 24/7 for scheduled technical activities and/or provide out-of-hours support.
You'll be joining a business with over 9,000 team members worldwide, delivering material handling automation solutions to our customers. We are proud of our reputation as specialists in the aviation and logistics sectors, where we are changing the game through technology and digital innovation.
Our Company Values
Our Core Values are essential to our business. It defines our culture and is what sets us apart.
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding Service and Value to the Customer
- Respect and Trust for Each Other
- To Look Beyond the Obvious
- Having fun
Is Daifuku Your future?
It is an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. If you are looking for a leadership role where your technical expertise and relationship management skills will be valued, we would welcome your application.
Please note we aim to review applications as they are received - therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.