Maintenance Team Supervisor
Daifuku is a Global Leader in material handling automation. As a Maintenance Supervisor you will be responsible for being in attendance during business hours to co-ordinate and manage the system associated with the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) of the Materials Handling System (MHS) and other associated freight equipment based at the Uniqlo site.
About the Role
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day support of all operational activities in a proactive manner to ensure Daifuku Oceania delivers outcomes required by our client
- Complete accurate and timely administration and record keeping in support of MHS activities, including rostering and maintenance scheduling
- Assist with maintaining and managing the contracts budgets
- Assist with effective, efficient, and cost-focused management of a rostered team environment.
- Organise and assist with regular training and development to support the team in carrying out their duties
- Be in regular communication with all team members to assist in responding to any issues which may arise
- Measurement and analysis of shift, process, and system performance against agreed KPIs and Service Levels, reporting exceptions
- Ensure that the materials handling system is operational, and issues are rectified safely, quickly, and efficiently
- Ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of equipment within DBCS contractual obligations
- Proactive day-to-day supervision of all operational activities to ensure DBCS delivers outcomes required by our client to a minimum standard
- Assist with other operational duties during peak times
- Monitor and report on systems performance.
- Program and monitor scheduled maintenance and breakdown maintenance
- Fault clearance
As a Maintenance Team Supervisor:
- You have significant experience in Manufacturing, Warehousing, Logistics, or Production
- Has mentored small teams to improve performance outcomes safely and efficiently
- Relevant Electrical or Mechanical Trade qualification
- You will be recognised for your ability to work through complex issues and negotiate solutions that balance the needs of all stakeholders
- You'll be used to working in a fast-paced business where flexibility is required to support our operations
- You will have the capacity to switch between operational and strategic thinking and be recognised as a safety champion
- You will be recognised by your peers for your communication and problem-solving skills
You will also have:
- Electrical Licence or Mechanical trade qualification, as a minimum
- WH&S Qualification advantage
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out various electrical and mechanical tasks, i.e., fault-finding component replacement, repairs, and asset maintenance
- Previous experience in working to various schedules that include preventative maintenance
- Knowledge and skills in Mechanical systems, e.g., Conveyors, would be desirable
- Proven skills in ensuring documentation, checks lists, and records are maintained and accurate
- Good verbal and written communication
- High level of customer service
- Hold a current and clear driver's license
- On-the-job training will be provided
- A company uniform along with tools of the trade will be provided
- Currently hold a CPR, LVR, certification, if not the company will assist in this
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide and specialises in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries.
We are the world's leading exponent of material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We have projects and operations globally and a current opportunity in Western Sydney working on our Cross Belt Sortation System.
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal and external)
- Respect & trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having Fun
So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities please apply now.