System Technician - Electrical
FedEx Tullamarine, Melbourne
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company with over 9,000 employees worldwide, specialising in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistics industries. We are the world's leading exponent of material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions. We currently have an opportunity at our client site, located in Tullamarine, responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of freight handling equipment.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced System Technician - Electrical. The successful applicant will need prior experience working on freight handling equipment and other conveyor equipment. The role plays an integral part in developing and maintaining our partnership with our client.
- Able to work a shift roster
- On-the-job training will be provided
- Full uniform will be provided
- Salary $44 per hour + applicable penalties
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that freight handling equipment operates in a manner that matches or exceeds the performance standards
- Quality maintenance in a safe, professional manner, on time, and recorded within our CMMS (Mex)
- Communicate all operation and maintenance activities directly with the client management and direct report
- Regular maintenance recording, reporting and analysis
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and monitor plants from SCADA.
- Troubleshoot and repair Ethernet and Profibus
- Ensure that the operation delivers the standards of profitability, quality outcomes, safety levels, and personnel management required by Daifuku
To be successful in this role, you will need experience in maintenance scheduling of automated materials handling equipment and systems within the logistics, distribution centre, parcel, or freight services or related environment. The ability to work autonomously and have a strong work ethic is essential.
You will also have:
- A demonstrated understanding of Freight operational systems.
- Sound knowledge in Electrical Controls systems. LLC experience is preferred.
- Siemens PLC experience
- The ability to understand electrical assemblies, operation and drawings.
- Electro-mechanic aptitude with the ability to understand mechanical assemblies, operation and drawings would be desirable.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in plain language
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external parties
- Logical approach to troubleshooting and decision making
- Strong experience in system monitoring programs (SCADA systems)
- Strong understanding of Microsoft office program suite
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
To apply for this job go to: bcsgroupcareers.com/Vacancies