System Technician - Mechanical
Join our supportive team based at Melbourne Airport and support the team responsible for the efficient operation and maintenance of the Baggage Handling System (BHS) and Aerobridges ensuring that all faults and baggage jams etc. are rectified safely, quickly, and as efficiently as possible
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku continues to experience rapid growth.
As part of a crew, you will be responsible for maintaining and conducting preventative maintenance and repair on all the baggage handling equipment, systems, and services. Based on your Mechanical experience you will also provide the client with operational improvement recommendations and ensure the smooth running of the facility and equipment under their control.
As part of a supportive team your key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Ensure that the effective and efficient operation, maintenance, and repair of all aspects of Baggage Handling System (BHS), and Aerobridges
- Ensure all faults, baggage jam,s and other issues are rectified in a quick, professional, and safe manner
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks are carried out on schedule, to a high standard of quality workmanship, and accurately recorded.
- Responsible for any documentation, records or checklists that are filled in correctly, on time, and meet the required standards.
- Liaise on a day-to-day basis with airport personnel, travelers, and other persons in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
As a System Technician Mechanic, you'll have gained experience with Baggage Handling Systems or related environments. You enjoy working as part of the supportive and dedicated crew, focused on getting the job done safely. You will be used to respond to faults and understand that at times there will be routine tasks to perform.
This is a great role for someone who wants to work with leading-edge technology, where you can share your knowledge and continue to learn.
To succeed in this role, you will require:
- Trade qualifications in mechanical background essential
- Previous experience in working in preventative maintenance is advantageous
- Knowledge and skills (post-trade certificate) in Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems (highly desirable)
- Proven skills in ensuring documentation, checks lists, and records are maintained and accurate.
- Good verbal and written communication
- High level of customer service
- A current CPR and LVR accreditation is desirable
- Able to work a shift roster
- Hold a current and clear driver's license
- Able to obtain Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and airside driver's license
- On the job training will be provided
- A company uniform along tools of the trade will be provided
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistics industries. We are the world's leading exponent of material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.