WHS Site Safety Advisor
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent of material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse, and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation, Daifuku Oceania continues to experience rapid growth in the delivery of Airports, Warehouse, and Courier logistics projects. As a result, we are seeking an experienced person to join our team as a WHSE Advisor.
In this hands-on role, you will be supporting and assisting the local Site Manager(s) and Daifuku Group WHS&E Manager across sites, ensuring compliance with HQSE management systems, local legislation, and external accreditation (ISO45001, 9001, 14001) requirements.
Based out of Auckland, you will have a wide range of responsibilities which will include the implementation of key site safety processes, monitoring of compliance with the WHSE systems, conducting safety audits and investigations,
Reporting to the Group WHSE Manager, but working closely with the EGM New Zealand and New Zealand-based site managers, your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Assisting the Group WHS&E Manager in providing professional expertise in the implementation monitoring and continuous improvement of the Safety Management System (including operational Safety, Quality processes & Environmental Management)
- Working collaboratively to implement the Workplace Health and Safety procedure, JSA's and SWMs within the team and assess local site operational procedures to improve risk assessments
- Attending sites, driving local safety initiatives, and ensuring compliance to site safety processes and best practice policies on local, and clients' sites.
- Actively engage with staff at all levels to promote safety awareness and communicate business safety notifications/messages effectively
- Ensuring hazards are identified, risks are methodically assessed, and corrective control measures are promptly implemented and reviewed
- Assist management with conducting internal audits, incident investigations, risk assessments, and reviews.
- Monitoring return to work (RTW) cases, regularly communicating with external workers' compensation/injury management providers, internal management, and the injured employee
- Facilitating and undertaking training for employees, contractors, and management,
- Championing the development and implementation of our Safety Pillars, Safety Absolutes, and Core Company Values
As a WHS Advisor you will have proven experience as a Site Safety Advisor, preferably within a material handling/ installation/construction-based environment. Experience working within a unionised environment would be advantageous.
You will also have:
- A diploma in OH&S, NEBOSH, City & Guilds qualification in OHS, or Certificate 4 Safety and Environment is essential
- Certificate IV in Training, Assessing, and Auditing is desirable
- Working knowledge of local site workplace Health and Safety legislation, regulations, standards, procedures, and codes of practice
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and collaboratively to ensure continuous improvement culture is attained
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in a high-risk work environment would be advantageous
- Expertise in the MS Suite of productions i.e. Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of ISO45001,9001 and 14001 criteria and experience in applying these in the workplace.
- Able to work outside normal business hours when required i.e. audits/ investigations with clients who operate 24/7
- Police and Medical checks may be required
- Current and clear driver's license
To succeed in this role, you will be safety-focused, team-oriented, and used to working in a fast-paced business experiencing growth.