For over 100 years, Daifuku has pioneered the development of material handling systems that revolutionise operations across a range of industries worldwide. Rated the #1 Material Handling Provider, we continue to create technology that pushes the boundaries of our collective imaginations, igniting the youthful curiosity within us all that keeps Daifuku 'Always an Edge Ahead.'
Join our team of 9,000 talented individuals across the globe.
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku is experiencing continued growth. A new opportunity has arisen in our growing business for a Procurement Officer based in our Auckland Office. In this role, you will be responsible in ensuring that purchasing and procurement activities in support of projects operate efficiently and effectively, providing all parties with materials in a timely manner.
Primary responsibility include:
- Creating purchase orders in support of business requirements
- Updating and regularly reporting to key stakeholders on the status of all items ordered
- Ensuring timely processing and delivery of all procurement requirements by working with internal and external parties
- Obtaining competitive prices/quotes for goods and services as required
- Maintaining knowledge of forecasted resource hours per project and ensure efforts are made to reduce where possible
- Ensuring filing and archiving of all information is completed and accurate
- Maintaining accurate supplier details on buying systems
- Monitoring suppliers to ensure best price and timely delivery of materials
- Liaising with project teams on consolidation of equipment for projects
- Developing and maintaining product and process knowledge of internal and external purchasing categories to procurement team and others
The ideal candidate will have 2 to 3 years of experience in sourcing Goods and Services, preferably within a Project environment. While knowledge of the Automation Industry is preferred, we are looking for a candidate with:
- Sound understanding of purchasing policies, principles, processes and procedures
- Strong numeracy and budgeting skills
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with computerised systems including Intranet, internet, Microsoft Access, Word and Excel to an intermediate level
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.