LLC (Automation) Engineer
Daifuku Oceania is a global leader in material handling automation. We provide solutions that keep the world moving. If you strive for innovation, and working in controls design team read on...
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku Oceania continues to experience rapid growth designing and delivering an increasingly complex projects of material handling projects for Aviation and Logistic clients.
As an LLC Controls Engineer based in Melbourne Airport, you will be designing, implementing and commissioning control systems in accordance with defined project parameters (scope, budget, schedule and quality) for projects undertaken by the Daifuku Group.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Detailed control system architecture designing, electrical and fieldbus designing of conveyor-based systems
- Designing calculations for the correct sizing and selection of cables and electrical equipment
- BOM Procurement and third-party technical clarification
- Development of PLC software (Siemens S7-TIA , Rockwell, Omron )
- Undertaking safety in design review
- Development of functional description specifications
- Technical / quality supervision of sub-contractors during commissioning
- Office Factory acceptance testing using our emulation and SCADA software
- On-site commissioning, fault-finding and troubleshooting of conveyor systems
- Site acceptance testing
- Attendance at client/project meetings (Kick-off, Weekly, Close-out).
- Validation of all electrical based CAD drawings
- Adherence to all company processes, policies and procedures with regards to health and safety, administration, quality and project management.
- Maintenance of engineering design standards
- Other duties related to designing, implementing and commissioning control systems
- Write high-quality engineering documents such as reports and manuals
As an LLC Controls Engineer, you will have proven experience in detailed electrical and control system engineering design with in-depth knowledge of electrical and control systems, including detailed design, costing and project management, and knowledge of Siemens / Rockwell PLC's.
You will be able to commission controls related systems and be willing to travel for auditing, scoping and commissioning activities.
You should have knowledge of Australian Electrical and safety Standards and their application.
Knowledge of AS- Interface system, ProfiNet and Eplan electrical drawing package can be an advantage but not essential.
You must have with Tertiary qualifications in Mechatronics, Electrical, Bachelor of Engineering or extensive industry experience.
Based on your problem solving ability, critical reasoning, innovative thinking, relationship building and communication skills are seen as a trusted advisor by your stakeholders. You enjoy working in a supportive team, where knowledge sharing is encouraged.
To succeed in this role, you will be passionate about good project delivery discipline, have a strong safety focus and be used to working in a fast paced business experiencing growth. If so we can offer you the chance to work on complex business critical projects.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you!
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.