Workplace Relations Coordinator
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We are market leaders who specialise in material handling automation in aviation and logistic industries and constantly strive for innovative solutions for our clients.
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, fast learner to join our Workplace Relations Team at our Melbourne office, as a Workplace Relations Coordinator!
This is an entry level workplace relations position, with opportunity to grow and develop in the field. The successful applicant will have a keen interest in workplace relations and may hold or be working towards qualifications in Law, ER, or HR.
As a well-organised person with exceptional attention to detail, the successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. The role will be focused on drafting contracts and maintaining an employee filing system, assisting in the ongoing development of maintaining a precedent database of employment documentation, various administrative tasks and also be willing to support the broader People, Performance and Culture Team across the Group.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, modify and maintain all employment related documentation to meet compliance standards (including contracts, performance & disciplinary management), under guidance of the Group Workplace Relations Manager.
- Review policies and procedures to ensure that they are compliant with legislation, appropriately implemented and maintained.
- Liaise with payroll, IT and safety to ensure accuracy of information and compliance.
- Work closely with the recruitment consultant for the Group across all jurisdictions, including posting job advertisements, phone screening, booking interviews, conducting pre-employment checks, verbal offers etc.
- Support the onboarding, induction and exit process of employees.
- Support annual HR initiatives such as the Performance Appraisal Cycle
- Provide generalist HR support to staff under the guidance of the Workplace Relations team
- Be an active member of the Health and Wellbeing working group
- Support the Office Manager with coordination of office events
- Previous experience in HR/ER or business administration
- Advanced skills in Microsoft office programs including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail
- High level of resilience and capacity to work under pressure
- Positive and collaborative Team player
- Experience working with different cultures, at all levels of an organisation
- Exhibits professionalism & upholds confidentiality
- Takes initiative and ownership of tasks and projects
Our Company Values
- Think Safe - Act Safe - Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal & external)
- Respect and trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having fun
If you are looking for a challenge and would like to develop your expertise in workplace relations, we want to hear from you! Please note that applications will be reviewed during this period and that the role is subject to be closed early.