For over 100 years, Daifuku has pioneered the development of material handling systems that revolutionise operations across a range of industries worldwide. Rated the #1 Material Handling Provider, we continue to create technology that pushes the boundaries of our collective imaginations, igniting the youthful curiosity within us all that keeps Daifuku 'Always an Edge Ahead.'
Join our team of 9,000 talented individuals across the globe.
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku is experiencing continued growth. A new opportunity has arisen in our growing business for a Procurement Officer based in our Kuala Lumpur Office. In this role, you will be responsible in ensuring that purchasing and supply chain activities in support of projects operate efficiently and effectively, providing all parties with materials in a timely manner.
Primary responsibility include:
- Ensuring timely processing and delivery of all procurement requirements by working with internal and external parties
- Update and regularly report to key stakeholders on the status of all items ordered including but not limited to internal processes, suppliers, freight providers, warehousing, production and site/ports
- Liaise with Engineers to ensure correct materials are supplied.
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders to ensure purchase requisitions meet budgets.
- Ensure cost savings are regularly achieved through negotiation, supplier selection, consolidation and any other ethical means necessary.
- Maintain knowledge of forecasted resource hours per project and ensure efforts are made to reduce where possible.
The ideal candidate will have 5 to 6 years of experience in sourcing Goods and Services, preferably within a Project environment with strong leaderships skills. While knowledge of the Automation Industry is preferred, we are looking for a candidate with:
- Degree in Business - Certificate in Shipping/Logistics
- 2 to 3 experience in sourcing Goods and Services, preferably within a Project environment
- Knowledge of the Automation Industry preferred
- Sound understanding of purchasing policies, principles, processes and procedures
- Strong numeracy and budgeting skills
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to write clearly and effectively
- Time management, planning & organisation skills
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.