For over 100 years, Daifuku has pioneered the development of material handling systems that revolutionise operations across a range of industries worldwide. Rated the #1 Material Handling Provider, we continue to create technology that pushes the boundaries of our collective imaginations, igniting the youthful curiosity within us all
Join our team of 9,000 talented individuals across the globe.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced individual to join our team at Brisbane Airport in the role of Port Manager. This a varied role in which you will be responsible for Client Contract Management, technical support and operational guidance to the Operations & Maintenance team, namely in Baggage Handling Conveyance Systems, Passenger Boarding Bridges and Terminal Building Services. Your other tasks will be to manage and mentor a team of professional technicians, liaise in a pro-active manner with Brisbane Airport Management and other key stakeholders, both internal and external.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day to day tehcnical support on all operational activities
- Coordinate with various stakeholders i.e. Brisbane Airport Management, Airlines and Handling Agents to ensure a smooth operating environment
- Program and monitor scheduled maintenance and breakdown maintenance.
- Monitor and report on automated systems functions.
- Ensure that all aspects of administration i.e. records, rostering, timesheets, scheduling is accurate and completed
- Ensure that 24/7 Rosters are managed effectively
- Troubleshoot when issues arise
- Manage a small team of technical and non-technical professionals.
- Any other duties as directed by the Manager
With an operational maintenance background, ideally across aviation, logistics, warehousing or distribution centres and operate 24/7 is essential, you will have excellent communication skills, proven client contract management and a can do attitude. With the ability to manage and mentor technical and non-technical teams you will have:
- Knowledge of automated systems and solutions in the above mentioned is highly desirable.
- Proven skills in managing and developing long-term working partnerships to ensure successful outcomes.
- Understanding of technical speciation's and functional drawings
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Business Management is highly desirable
- Certifications in OHS is advantageous.
- On-site parking is provided
- Medical required and must be clear and fit to work.
- Clear driver's license
- Can obtain an ASIC
Please note that applications will be reviewed during this period and that the role is subject to be closed early.