System Technician - Electrical
For over 100 years, Daifuku has pioneered the development of material handling systems that revolutionise operations across a range of industries worldwide. Rated the #1 Material Handling Provider, we continue to create technology that pushes the boundaries of our collective imaginations, igniting the youthful curiosity within us
Join our team of 9,000 talented individuals across the globe.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Industrial Maintenance Electrician to support and maintain an automated material handling system at our client's facility in Truganina, VIC. In this role, you will play an integral part in developing and maintaining our partnership with our client, along with being responsible for the preventative maintenance of the equipment and for providing breakdown response.
Additional responsibilities include providing the client with operational improvement and ensuring the smooth running of the facility and equipment under their control.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure all scheduled planned preventative maintenance (PPM) tasks are completed on time and in a professional manner
- Ensure all maintenance activities are logged and reported in accordance with the appropriate reporting procedure, both internal and external
- Provide regular reports on system performance and service levels against KPI's
- Support and assisting client operational staff and other Maintenance Technicians as required
- Efficient and effective identification and rectifying of any faults
- Be the main client interface on site and liaise regularly with the Daifuku Operations and Maintenance manager
- Follow all Daifuku and Client WHSE policies & procedures
You will have proven experience as a Maintenance Technician, holding an A grade Electrical license. To succeed in this role, you will have a willingness and desire to drive a safe environment, whilst having a positive attitude and willingness to learn and develop with external and internal training.
Solid experience with ASi control systems is desirable and holding a solid understanding of Materials Handling Systems is preferred. The ability to work autonomously and have a strong work ethic will set you aside from others.
You will also have:
- Must hold and retain a full Victorian A grade Electrical license
- Experience with control systems
- Must have a minimum of 5 years in the maintenance industry
- Experience with Nord and SEW Variable Speed devises and assemblies
- Experience with Profibus desired but not essential
- Experience desirable in automated sortation systems
- Understanding of Take 5's, JSA, Safety conversations
- CMM's - Mex preferred
- EWP high-risk license preferred
- Demonstrated experience with SCADA
- Working at heights / Height Rescue training is preferred
- Full-time position
- 40 hours
- Ability to work rotational shift work
- Willingness to work paid overtime
- Pre-employment medical checks will be required
- Applicants must be able to obtain an ASIC card
- Full uniform will be provided
- Training to be proved to the successful candidate
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
We provide solutions that keep the world moving!