- With a strong delivery focus, you'll be responsible for Project Delivery, confidently manage client expectations and accountability for financial performance/P&L
- Visible leadership role, based in Auckland
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku continues to experience rapid growth. As a result, we are seeking a Project Director to actively manage the implementation and successful delivery of our major logistics automation project(s) across New Zealand.
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Working with client, external and internal stakeholders to ensure agreed expectations are understood and translated into detailed and finalised solution for implementation.
- In "greenfield" projects, actively manage all interfaces to client's builder and builder's consultants to ensure compliance requirements are managed.
- Build and foster a cohesive and committed project team consisting of project engineers, Integration manager, LLC and HLC engineers, designers, technicians, site managers and supervisors.
- Provide clarity to the project-assigned technical team, ensuring scope alignment and maintaining energy levels across duration of project
- Develop and actively manage project plans and schedules that encompass the client's and Daifuku's requirements.
- Commercial responsibility for delivery of project - cash flow, invoicing, contractor payments and P&L.
- Preparing and presenting various reports and documents for both internal and external stakeholders.
As a Project Director, you'll have a track record of success leading Project Delivery of major green/ or brown field projects, preferably within an industrial automation environment (i.e. materials handling, warehousing or logistics.
With demonstrated commercial acumen you'll have an owners mind set, ensuring the delivery of business-critical projects. You will understand that successful project delivery is based on good project discipline and excellent stakeholder management skills. As a result, you will be respected by your peers for your "no surprises" attitude to service, exceptional leadership, change management and organisational skills.
In addition the extensive experience gained in the Logistics or Automated Manual handling sectors, you'll have relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering or Project Management.
Based on your performance we can offer you the opportunity to work in a fast-paced business experiencing growth, where you'll have the chance to work on increasingly complex business critical projects and progress your career with a global leader.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks