IT Project Manager/Business Analyst
For over 100 years, Daifuku has pioneered the development of material handling systems that revolutionise operations across a range of industries worldwide. Rated the #1 Material Handling Provider, we continue to create technology that pushes the boundaries of our collective imaginations, igniting the youthful curiosity within us
Join our team of 9,000 talented individuals across the globe.
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku Oceania continues to experience growth. Daifuku Oceania is multi-disciplined and operates across multiple sites and offices in more than eight countries. We are seeking an experienced IT Project Manager/Business Analyst to actively manage a variety of Software & IT Enterprise or Customer projects delivered by Daifuku Oceania
Based in our Auckland Office, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Project Management of the projects scope of works inclusive of Scope Management, Budget Control, Head Contract Scheduling, Subcontractor Management, Quality Control, and Deployment of the works
- Ensure that the software team applies and embraces Agile methodology during the projects
- Requirement Gathering and development of functional description specifications
- Subcontract package letting inclusive of Scope Definition, Documentation, Subcontractor Tender Evaluation, Letting of Packages, Formulation of Subcontract Documentation, and Letting of Subcontract Documents
- Accurate cost estimation of baggage handling system, Freight Sortation Systems and software solutions developed
- Regular external reporting to Client's Representative inclusive of provision of regular progress reports
- Responsibility for all other project reports and documentation and attendance at meetings as required
- Adherence with design and engineering standards, involvement with developing these standards
- Management of off-site and on-site activities of sub-trades, suppliers and others supporting Oceania's works
- Ensuring all aspects of the Scope of Works are closed out to the satisfaction of the Client's Representative
- Project Management of Enterprise IT initiatives (e.g O365 Migration, office moves etc) following DOC Project Methodologies
As an experienced IT Project Manager/Business Analyst will have minimum 3 years of experience as Project Manager on IT and Software delivery projects preferably in industrial environment
To be a successful candidate for the role it is essential to have:
- Project Management experience covering infrastructure, systems and software.
- Business Analysis experience
- Experience with Office 365, SharePoint and Cloud migration projects
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience managing offshore projects is preferred including client relationship management
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels and to build and maintain relationships with internal and external parties
- Proven experience in Project Scheduling packages (Microsoft Project, Primavera or similar)
- Computer Literate with experience in Word Processing, Spread sheeting and Cost Control Systems
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
Our Company Values:
- Think Safe - Act Safe - Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal & external)
- Respect and trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having fun
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
We provide solutions that keep the world moving!
Please note that applications will be reviewed during this period and that the role is subject to be closed early.