Senior Project Manager
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation, Daifuku Oceania continues to experience rapid growth in delivery logistics projects. As a result, we are seeking an experienced individual to join our team as a Senior Project Manager. Reporting directly to the General Manager New Zealand you will have total accountability for the management and successful delivery of several projects. To be successful in this role you will need solid skills in all facets of Project Management and be commercially driven, that range for administration, scoping, costing and developing project plans to a successful outcome. You will be managing contracts, schedule, large budgets, and multi-disciplinary teams of specialists in their field. Plenty of varied and interesting technology being delivered here in NZ, in some cases will be a technology first for NZ
Responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure all projects follow all Project Management processes inclusive of Scope Management, Project Communication, Budget Control, Scheduling, Subcontractor Management, Supply Chain Management, Quality Control, and Commissioning of all works.
- Provide regular external reporting to Client's Representative inclusive of provision of regular progress reports.
- Adherence with design and engineering standards, involvement with developing these standards.
- Coordinate multi disciplines system design and associated supporting infrastructure.
- Provide direction to the project teams relating to the management of off-site and on-site activities of sub-trades and suppliers.
- Ensure all aspects of the project are closed out to the satisfaction of the Client's Representative.
- Documentation review, submission and control and ensure correct maintenance of project files and records.
- Ensure month end commercial reporting is maintained in accordance with company requirements.
- Current experience as a Project Manager or Senior Project Manager, preferably within an Automation Industry i.e. aviation, materials handling, warehousing and logistics.
- Good and expertise with automated systems and solutions i.e. conveyor belt technology
- Demonstrated skills in developing competitive and diverse project management plans.
- Solid expertise in report writing skills, detailed analysis / proposals incorporating cost benefit
- Value added propositions
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering and/ or Business Management is desirable.
- Certifications in Project Management methodology i.e. PMBOK and or PMP
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities please apply now.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.