Senior Mechanical Project Engineer
With an analytical mind, you will understand how material flow impacts mechanical design. As a craftsman you will have strong mathematical skills you apply when making recommendations on the design of assets. If you are looking for a career with an industry leader in automated material handling we can offer you a visible role impacting mechanical design of major projects as part of a dynamic team.
- Lead and execute efficient mechanical design
- Work as part of project teams making recommendations on tailored and cost effective mechanical design
- Demonstrating your passion for Continuous Improvement and Knowledge Sharing
- Visible role with a global leader experiencing growth
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku continues to experience rapid growth. Working in collaboration with our Sales, Procurement and Operations & Maintenance functions, the Mechanical Engineering Team designs and delivers an increasingly complex portfolio of material handling projects for Aviation and Logistic clients.
As a Senior Mechanical Project Engineer, based in our Kuala Lumpur Office, you will guide and manage project resources to deliver key projects on time and budget. You will consult on sales proposals ensuring function, throughput time scale and execution are within specification. You will then lead the design and execution of mechanical engineering projects according to system specifications and adherence to standard product suites.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Review and consult on sales proposals - ensuring function, throughput, time scale, and execution are within specifications.
- Technically lead and execute project in mechanical engineering discipline, according to required system specifications. Strong emphasis on adherence to standard products suites.
- Ensure design changes and solutions are implemented and coordinated into the design documentation.
- Provide technical support to internal and external customers
- Create, assist, modify, revise and maintain engineering layouts for sales or project
- Generate conveyor schedule, bill of material, sales layout, approval layout and installation drawing for sales or project.
- Design, draft and maintain components / products of material handling system.
- Create and maintain interface drawings for project
- Drafting of installation and operation & maintenance manual
- Proofing drawings & Maintenance of project or engineering folder
As a Senior Mechanical Design Engineer you will have significant experience leading major projects for the design and delivery of automated material handling solutions. You will be recognised for your skills as an artisan with design of solutions for conveyor systems, and for your ability to effectively manage project costs, minimizing design variation to efficiently deliver time bound solutions.
As a leader, you are passionate about sharing knowledge and challenging conventional thinking, and mentoring team members. You are seen by your stakeholders as a trusted advisor based on you clear thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
Ideally you will have worked in Aviation, Logistics or related Industry Sector and understand operational and installation challenges associated with material handling system design. With Tertiary qualifications in Mechanical Engineering (or related discipline) you will be familiar with AutoCAD, Autodesk Inventor and Microsoft suit of packages.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and used to working in a fast paced business experiencing growth. If so we can offer you the chance to work in a visible role supporting the delivery or complex and business critical projects.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you.