- We provide solutions that keep the world moving
- Support the development, design and delivery of efficient engineering projects
- Work in a supportive team that encourages innovation and knowledge sharing
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku Oceania continues to experience rapid growth designing and delivering an increasingly complex portfolio of material handling projects for Aviation and Logistic clients. We have a great opportunity for an experienced Technical writer to join our team initially on a 18 months fixed term contract.
As a Technical Writer, based in our Auckland Office, you will be providing a technical writing function for key process development and key project specification documentation required within the controls engineering function. Liaising with all technical teams (IT, HLC, LLC, Mech) and Technical Director to ensure that Daifuku provide clearly defined written content within our documentation ensuring minimal risk to both the client and Daifuku.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Creating and verifying process documentation for the control's teams (LLC, SCADA, SIM, EMU) including process map, documentation and templates to be used for key projects content such as Specification templates FDS, Interface specification and test specifications and mentor the teams in their use
- Verifying written content across teams and provide training for new documentation and template content written
- Assisting teams in writing project specific documentation when necessary
- Providing technical continuity content across project teams to ensure direction within teams align with the contracted project deliverables
- Monitoring / Auditing / reporting the progression of technical written content (both office and site) and adherence to its use, to ensure project continues to align with the signed off written specifications
As a Technical Writer you will ideally have:
- Strong background in an engineering design industry.
- Demonstrated skills in writing documentation for large scale engineering projects
- Strong commercial and risk awareness
- Experience in Systems used in large scale engineering projects of both internal supplied and external supplied products
- Ability to build pragmatic relationships with technical teams as well as advanced verbal and written capability
- Keen analytic, organization and problem-solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Must have proven skills with the MS Office Suite such as Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Experience with Baggage Handling or Materials Handling projects
- Basic control systems understanding and architectures
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge with MS Project.
You should have either Tertiary qualifications in Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering (or equivalent) or extensive industry experience.
Based on your problem solving ability, critical reasoning, innovative thinking, relationship building and communication skills are seen as a trusted advisor by your peers. You enjoy working in a supportive team, where knowledge sharing is encouraged.
To succeed in this role, you will be passionate about good project delivery discipline, have a strong safety focus and be used to working in a fast paced business experiencing growth. If so we can offer you the chance to work on complex business critical projects.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you!
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity