System Technician - Mechanical
- Hands on maintenance, repair and fault finding role for an experienced Mechanic
- Want to work close to home?
- Join a crew and be part of supportive team
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku continues to experience rapid growth. We have a great opportunity for a qualified and experienced Industrial Mechanic to join our team working at Auckland Airport as a System Technician Mechanic. As part of a crew you will be responsible for maintaining and conducting preventative maintenance and repair on all the baggage handling equipment, systems and services. Based on your Mechanical experience you will also provide the client with operational improvement recommendations and ensuring the smooth running of the facility and equipment under their control.
As part of a supportive team your key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Ensure that the operations and maintenance for all aspects of Baggage handling system, Passenger Boarding Bridges, Nose In Guidance Systems (NIGS) is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all faults, baggage jam and other issues are rectified in a quick, professional and safe manner.
- Ensure that all maintenance tasks are completed as per the schedule and accurately recorded on the CMMS.
- Responsible for any documentation, records or checklists are filled in correctly, on-time and meet the required standards.
- Liaise on a day to day basis with airport personnel, travelers and other persons in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Any other duties as directed by your Manager/ Supervisor.
As a System Technician Mechanic, you'll have gained experience in warehouse, aviation, production or related environment. With a Mechanical Fitter Certification, you will ideally have PLC and fault finding experience. You enjoy working as part of supportive and dedicated crew, focused on getting the job done safely. You will be used to responding to faults and understand that at times their will be routine tasks to perform. This is a great role for someone who wants to work with leading edge technology, where you can share your knowledge and continue to learn.
To succeed in this role, you will require:
- Trade qualifications in mechanical background
- Previous experience in working to various scheduled that include preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge and skills (post trade certificate) in Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems (highly desirable).
- Proven skills in ensuring documentation, checks lists, and records are maintained and accurate.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- High level of customer service.
- Certification as a Mechanical Fitter
- Able to work a shift roster.
- Hold a current and clear driver's license.
- Able to obtain Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and airside driver's license.
- On the job training will be provided.
- A company uniform along tools of the trade will be provided.
- Daifuku OC is an essential service provider and full vaccination against COVID 19 may be a condition of employment for the successful applicant.
- Regular COVID testing is required of either saliva or nasal format.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks