Senior Electrical Maintenance Technician
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide and specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions. We have projects and operations globally and a current opportunity at our client site in Truganina, VIC.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Electrical Maintenance Technician to ensure that the Materials Handling Equipment (MHE) and other infrastructure incorporated in the service agreement, operate in a manner that matches or exceeds the performance standards required by Daifuku and our client. In this role you will play an integral part in developing and maintaining our partnership with our client, along with being the on-site Daifuku representative responsible for the operation and maintenance, delivering quality outcomes, profitability, safety levels and personnel management required by Daifuku.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring that the Materials Handling System (MHS) is operational and issues are rectified safely, quickly and efficiently
- Efficient maintenance of equipment within Daifuku contractual obligations
- Preventative and corrective maintenance tasks completed on time and to schedule
- Supporting and assisting with reporting (CMMS) as well as completing internal and external reports in timely manner
- Effectively managing spare parts with minimum quantities required
- Being the main client interface on site and liaise regularly with the Daifuku Operations and Maintenance manager
- Programming and scheduling maintenance
- Attending breakdown maintenance
- Following all Daifuku and Client WHSE policies & procedures
You will be able to demonstrate proven experience as an Electrical Maintenance Technician, and be suitably qualified with tertiary or relevant trade certification. To succeed in this role, you will need experience with conducting routine preventative maintenance, and have previous experience working as an electrician within an Automated Materials Handling System, as well a sound knowledge of mechanical systems. You will have the ability to work autonomously, having a strong work ethic and self-motivation is essential.
You will be WHSE conscious and focused with a strong electro-mechanical aptitude with the ability to interpret and understand system drawings.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated experience working in automated Distribution Centers and Warehousing
- Sound technical understanding of automated control systems in a Materials Handling Systems (MHS) or high-speed processing environment.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts in plain language as well as and to build and maintain relationships with internal and external parties
- Focus on keeping the overall company objectives in perspective while managing day to day activities.
- Full-time position
- 40 hours, Monday to Friday, day shifts (some overtime may be required)
- Pre-employment medical checks will be required
- Applicants must have the right to work and reside in Australia
- Full uniform will be provided
- On-site training will be provided
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal and external)
- Respect & trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having Fun