System Technician - Electrical
For over 100 years, Daifuku has pioneered the development of material handling systems that revolutionise operations across a range of industries worldwide. Rated the #1 Material Handling Provider, we continue to create technology that pushes the boundaries of our collective imaginations, igniting the youthful curiosity within us all that keeps Daifuku 'Always an Edge Ahead.'
Join our team of 9,000 talented individuals across the globe.
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for two qualified and experienced electricians to join our team as a System Technicians - Electrical, on a full time permanent basis based at Melbourne Airport. In this role you will be part of the team who are responsible for ensuring that all the baggage handling equipment, Passenger Boarding Bridges and other operational systems and services are maintained in good working order.
Key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that the operations and maintenance for all aspects of Baggage Handling Systems and Passenger Boarding Bridges is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Ensuring all faults, baggage jam and other issues are rectified in a quick, professional and safe manner.
- Ensuring that all maintenance tasks are completed as per the schedule and accurately recorded.
- Responsibility for any documentation, records or checklists are filled in correctly, on-time and meet the required standards.
- Liaising on a day to day basis with airport personnel, travellers and other persons in a courteous and professional manner at all times.
- Any other duties as directed by your Manager/ Supervisor.
Key skills to be considered for this role include the following:
- Certified Licenced Electrician
- Experience with PLC & SCADA systems an advantage
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out various electrical and mechanical tasks, i.e. renewals, repairs and maintenance.
- Previous experience in working to various schedules that include preventative maintenance.
- Knowledge and skills in Mechanical systems eg Conveyors / would be desirable.
- Proven skills in ensuring documentation, checks lists, and records are maintained and accurate.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- High level of customer service.
- Hours of work will be set by a roster. Due to the nature of the role, these hours may be rostered any time over 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Hold a current and clear driver's license.
- Able to obtain an ASIC and airside driver's license.
- On the job training will be provided.
- A company uniform along with tools of the trade will be provided.
- Currently hold a CVR, LVR, certification, if not the company will assist in this.
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal and external) above all else
- Respect & trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having Fun