Resident Maintenance Technician
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide and specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions. We have projects and operations globally and a current opportunity in Western Sydney working on our Cross Belt Sortation System.
About the Role
4We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Technician to support and maintain an automated material handling system at our client's Logistics Centre, in Western Sydney. In this role you will play an integral part in developing and maintaining our partnership with our client, along with being responsible for the maintenance of the automated sortation systems, undertaking preventative and corrective maintenance on all material handling equipment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring all scheduled planned preventative maintenance (PPM) tasks are completed on time and in a professional manner
- Ensuring all maintenance activities are logged and reported in accordance with the appropriate reporting procedure, both internal and external
- Providing regular reports on system performance and service levels against KPI's
- Supporting and assisting client operational staff and other Maintenance Technicians as required
- Efficiently and effectively identifying and rectifying any faults
- Being the main client interface on site and liaise regularly with the Daifuku Operations and Maintenance manager
- Following all Daifuku and Client WHSE policies & procedures
You will ideally have proven experience as a Maintenance Technician, coming from a Qualified Electrical Trades or Mechanical Trades background. To succeed in this role, you will need experience with managing contract budgets, maintenance scheduling, and have a solid understanding of Materials Handling Systems, as well as the ability to work autonomously and have a strong work ethic.
You will be WHSE conscious and focused with a strong electro-mechanical aptitude with the ability to understand mechanical assembly drawings.
You will also have:
- Experience working in Distribution Centres and Warehousing
- Demonstrated experience in industrial PLC controls environments
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical drives, including gearboxes, and high speed conveyors
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel, and a basic understanding of networks & CMMS
- Demonstrated experience with SCADA
- Working at heights / Height Rescue training is preferred
- Full-time position
- 42 hours, Monday to Friday, day shifts (some overtime may be required)
- Pre-employment medical checks will be required
- Applicants must have the right to work and reside in Australia
- Full uniform will be provided
- On-site training will be provided
- Think Safe Act Safe Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal and external)
- Respect & trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having Fun