System Support Engineer
For over 100 years, Daifuku has pioneered the development of material handling systems that revolutionise operations across a range of industries worldwide. Rated the #1 Material Handling Provider, we continue to create technology that pushes the boundaries of our collective imaginations, igniting the youthful curiosity within us all that keeps Daifuku 'Always an Edge Ahead.'
Join our team of 9,000 talented individuals across the globe.
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku Oceania continues to experience growth. We are seeking an experienced Systems Support Engineer to provide technical support for Daifuku customer sites and support the development of the Support Services team. This will involve supporting existing, and creating new systems, processes and procedures to meet support requirements across the globe.
Daifuku Oceania is multi-disciplined and operates across multiple sites and offices in more than eight countries, therefore the ideal candidate would be confident conversing in both English and Japanese. Given the nature of the Support Services operations there will be a requirement for on call commitments to assist with technical support related calls that occur outside of standard business hours or to cover for Support Service team members if necessary.
Based in our Kuala Lumpur Office, responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing detailed technical support and fault finding services to our customers as part of a 24/7 roster support team
- Working and supporting remotely complex industrial control systems
- Checking of I/O, set and optimize the parameters, reload and configure the PLC programs in the CPU, frequency converter, and motion control are already parts of our work in 1st Level
- Supporting with diagnostic and localisation of electrical faults for control elements (motor drives, frequency converters, sensors, signal transmitter, etc.)
- Troubleshooting events for customer networks, servers and software infrastructure
- Providing support for internal Daifuku software products including but not limited to Aviation (Airflow, Self Service technologies) and Logistics (Freightflow, WareNavi)
- Maintaining and adherence to system support standards and processes
- Attending to system support review discussions/meetings
- Maintaining project files and records to guarantee latest information available
- Producing of system service records
- Managing client engagement
As an experienced Systems Support Engineer you will have worked across a wide variety of technology platforms and managed environments. With a strong work ethic, and commitment, and collaborate well with others.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 2 years' IT experience at enterprise level
- Fluent in Japanese
- Proven experience providing remote incident support and problem management
- Previous experience with the following:
- PLC (i.e. Siemens, Allen Bradley, Omron)
- HMI and SCADA Systems (i.e. Citect, Rockwell, WinCC, Scenic)
- BUS Systems (i.e. ASi Bus, ProfiBus, ProfiNet)
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- High uptime or service provider environments
- Aspects of networking including dynamic routing, VPN, firewalling
- Good understanding of all aspects of virtualisation.
- Good understanding of all aspects of network solutions
Our Company Values:
- Think Safe - Act Safe - Home Safe
- Outstanding service and value to the customer (internal & external)
- Respect and trust for each other
- To look beyond the obvious - creativity, innovation and continuous improvement
- Having fun
Please note that applications will be reviewed during this period and that the role is subject to be closed early