About the Role
Due to growth within our business we are seeking a Controls Engineer to join our team. This is a hands on role in which you will be involved in several projects that are providing innovative changes to the automated industry both here in Australia and also globally. This role will be ideal for an individual who is looking to further both their knowledge and career along with contributing to the success of the business.
As a member of the team you will regularly engage with our clients, stakeholders, vendor's supplies and key internal stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Designing, implementing and commissioning control systems in accordance with defined project parameters (scope, budget, schedule and quality) for projects undertaken by the DOC Group.
- Detailed control system architecture designing, electrical and fieldbus designing of conveyor based systems.
- Designing calculations for the correct sizing and selection of cables and electrical equipment.
- BOM Procurement and third party technical clarification.
- Developing PLC software (Siemens S7, TIA / Rockwell, Omron).
- Undertaking safety in design review.
- Developing functional description specifications.
- Technical / quality supervising of sub-contractors during commissioning.
- Conducting Office Factory acceptance testing using our emulation and SCADA software.
- Commissioning of conveyor systems during on site activities.
- Site acceptance testing.
- Developing engineering design standards.
- Attending client / project meetings.
- Producing Electrical device layouts using E-plan.
- Validating all electrical based CAD drawings.
- Ensuring that any changes to designs, products and projects is documented, recorded and filed in the appropriate registry.
The ideal candidate will have current and proven experience as Controls Engineer within Automation Industry i.e. aviation, warehousing and logistics and demonstrate good skills in all facets of control system design.
Alongside a tertiary qualification is engineering, you will have previous knowledge in developing processes that will calculate that correct sizing for equipment i.e. cables and electrical, demonstrate knowledge in programming PLC, Scada and HMI software as well as skills in both factory acceptance and site acceptance testing.
With the ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders for effective outcomes that are beneficial to both organisations, you will have interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
For over 100 years, Daifuku has pioneered the development of material handling systems that revolutionise operations across a range of industries worldwide. Rated the global #1 Material Handling Provider, we continue to create technology that pushes the boundaries of our collective imaginations, igniting the youthful curiosity within us all that keeps Daifuku ‘Always an Edge Ahead.'
Join our team of over 9,000 talented individuals across the globe.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you!
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.