Senior Procurement Officer
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku is experiencing continued growth. A new opportunity has arisen in our growing business for a Senior Procurement Officer based in our office in Kuala Lumpur. Reporting to the Procurement Manager you will be responsible to ensure that purchasing and procurement activities in support of projects operate efficiently and effectively, providing all parties with materials in a timely manner.
Primary responsibility includes, to name a few:
- Create purchase orders in support of business requirements verifying all details are correct
- Update and regularly report to key stakeholders on the status of all items ordered including but not limited to internal processes, suppliers, freight providers, warehousing, production and site/ports
- Ensure timely processing and delivery of all procurement requirements by working with internal and external parties
- Obtain competitive prices/quotes for goods and services as required
- Maintain knowledge of forecasted resource hours per project and ensure efforts are made to reduce where possible.
- Ensure filing and archiving of all information is completed and accurate.
- Maintain accurate supplier details on buying systems
- Monitor suppliers to ensure best price and timely delivery of materials.
- Liaise with project teams on consolidation of equipment for projects.
- Develop and maintain product and process knowledge of internal and external purchasing categories to procurement team and others
- Follow and execute requirements as directed by Project Procurement Leads on allocated projects
To be considered ideal for this role, you will have the following knowledge, skills and experience:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in sourcing Goods and Services, preferably within a Project environment
- Knowledge of the Automation Industry preferred
- Sound understanding of purchasing policies, principles, processes and procedures
- Strong numeracy and budgeting skills
- Good negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to write clearly and effectively
- Time management, planning & organisation skills
- Knowledge and experience with computerised systems including Intranet, internet, Microsoft Access, Word and Excel to an intermediate level
- Highly motivated
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Methodical and accurate with an eye for detail
- Good personal presentation
- Collaborative and respectful
- Customer centric
- Accountability & Communicative
- Able to work well under pressure
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks