Dorval, Quebec - Canada
About the Role
As a global leader in material handling automation, Daifuku BCS Group are looking for a Technical Manager to join our Airports Team in this permanent full time position. Based in Dorval Quebec, Canada, you will be responsible for managing the technical delivery of increasingly complex assignments, ensuring alignment between our customer's business objectives and our technical design and system solutions. Travel will be required to meet the needs of the position.
Key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Managing technical aspects of a project portfolio inclusive of scope management, design, product integration, installation, commissioning, testing and handover of the technical works within the project requirements.
- Acting as a single point of interface with our clients and suppliers for all technical hardware related topics.
- Supervising technical quality of local suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Specialising in product hardware, you will be the interface between the region and our remote offices.
- Implementing company policies and in particular, the OH&S regulation and drive all engineering processes, policies and procedures during the duration of the project.
- Languages: French and English
As a Technical Manager, you will have at least 5 years' experience in airport baggage systems, logistics and /or industrial systems. This should include multi-million dollar, large scale and complex electrical, mechanical and control design system implementation.
You will be respected by your peers for your clear thinking and conceptual reasoning skills, which you use to influence your team and stakeholders. With qualifications in IT, Electrical Engineering or related field, you will have demonstrated engineering experience in system design, solution development and hardware integration. This will ideally include work with high availability systems and automated technologies.
You will possess a high level of drive and energy and an overriding commitment to succeed. This is demonstrated by a strong belief in teamwork, honesty and fairness
If you are enjoy innovative thinking and challenging the status quo, we can offer you a visible role as part of a high performance business with strong growth agenda in new markets and regions.
Daifuku is a multi dimensional global company who have over 9000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It is an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you are looking for a rewarding career that offers world class opportunities, we would like to hear from you.
Please submit your application via the apply button.
Business Address: 745 Meloche, Dorval, Quebec H9P 2S4
Dorval Avenue, Dorval, Québec H9S