- Join an industry leader supporting a key client, Sydney Airport
- Visible leadership role, developing teams and driving performance outcomes
- Free onsite parking
About the Role
Daifuku BCS Group is a Global leader in material handling automation. , As a Duty Manager, you will join our Operations and Maintenance team (O&M) based at Sydney Airport. You will be accountable for leading teams that are responsible for the operations and maintenance of Baggage Handling Systems and associated equipment. In this capacity, you will manage the expectations of diverse stakeholders including airport management, ground staff and the public. Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems is critical for the successful performance of this role and ensures service level agreements are met.
Key responsibilities include:
- Allocate and assign available staff to achieve operational objectives and systems maintenance work in line with quality management principles
- Lead the operational response and manage the expectations of key stakeholders in times of crisis and providing strategic direction for problem resolutions
- Measurement and analysis of shift, process and system performance against agreed KPIs and service levels identifying and resolving non conformances
- Manage smooth operations of assets including crisis management and providing progress reports to stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will have proven Operations & Maintenance leadership experience. While experience in the Aviation sector is preferred, it is not essential. We are looking for people passionate about leadership. As a result, you will be comfortable working in dynamic and fast paced environments, knowing the value of remaining calm when identifying issues and providing clear resolutions. As a leader, you will balance the needs of your team with the operational performance of assets. You will be familiar leading teams working with a 24/7 rotating roster
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you are looking for a rewarding career that offers world class opportunities, we would love to hear from you