Technical Services Manager
- Are you a proven people leader able to solve complex time bound problems, enhancing asset performance?
- Do you enjoy leading, educating and developing technical teams with PLC programming, fault finding and maintenance?
- Location: Auckland Airport
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku is experiencing continued growth. We are seeking an experienced Technical Manager who has PLC Programing experience in the field to join our team at Auckland Airport. This is a unique role which will require you to wear a number of hats, as there is always something happening from, asset performance management, keeping abreast of new technology, troubleshooting Baggage Handling Systems, Passenger Boarding Bridges and Freight Handling System faults, in the field or remotely.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Technical systems management
- Provide remote support with a 24/7 operational environment
- Ensure that Asset condition and performance reports are maintained
- Communicate and liaise with key stakeholders
- Leading and developing a diverse team of electrical and mechanical specialists
- Ensure that all technical documentation and record keeping is updated and maintained
- Develop plans to extend or replace the life of assets across the airport
- Embark on Continuous Improvement initiatives
- Sign off electrical work, ensuring compliance with standards and regulations
As a Technical Manager you will be recognised by your peers for your conceptual reasoning skills and ability to calmly respond to and resolve complex time bound problems. As a leader you will be passionate about sharing you technical knowledge with stakeholder and developing your team. You will have the capacity to switch between operational and strategic thinking, and know the importance of clear communication to gain stakeholder buy-in.
Ideally, you will have demonstrated experience in a similar role within a large complex environment such as Aviation, Logistics and Transport. This will include:
- Experience with Industrial Control Systems (SCADA)
- Demonstrated and proven skills in PLC Interrogation and Programing (Omron, Siemens, Mitsubishi and Allen Bradley)
- A background in control networks (Ethernet/IP and DeviceNet)
- Proven skills in reviewing, reading, revising schematic and electrical drawings
- Hold a Registered Electrical Contractors (REC) license
To succeed in this role, you will have proven skills in understanding complex systems integration and their functions, and have strong negotiation and influencing skills (at all levels). You will have a strong safety focus and be used to working in a fast paced business experiencing growth, where flexibility is required to work 24/7 for scheduled technical activities and/or provided out of hours support.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.