Baggage System Operator
- Part of team responsible for maintenance of bagging handling systems - focus on service
- Are you highly organised? Can you follow directions? Do you have a focus on Safety?
- Located at Auckland Airport
About the Role
Daifuku are a Global Leader in material handling automation, and we are continuing to rapidly grow! We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We have a great opportunity for a Baggage Handling Operator at our Auckland Airport to ensure the smooth flow of baggage through our systems. With a strong safety focus we will train you on our Baggage Handling Systems (BHS) so you can clear baggage jams and complete tasks as required. Join our team working at Auckland Airport! Skip the traffic and do what you love!
You will be responsible for:
- Clear flow of baggage through our systems and Safely clearing jams
- Cleaning of the Baggage Handling System (BHS)
- After training, operation of our manual encoding system and operation of our BHS
- Complete administrative and support tasks, including paperwork including daily store operations and housekeeping for control room and stores area.
To succeed in this role, you will be safety focused, team oriented and follow direction of other team members. Your skills/experience will include:
- Organised and focused on completing tasks as requested
- Perform well in fast paced work environment
- Good verbal and written communications.
- High level of customer service.
- Certifications of either Electrical or Mechanical would be desirable but not mandatory.
- Good verbal and written communications
- Able to work a 24/7 shift roster
- Hold a current and clear driver's license
- Able to obtain Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and airside driver's license
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, we'd like to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.