- Want to work for a global leader where your contributions are recognised and valued, offering dynamic challenges and global career opportunities and travel?
- Have you worked in Aviation or Material Handling sectors on control systems?
- Do you have an inquisitive mind and enjoy investigating new technology and making recommendations that support clients and stakeholders achieve their goals?
About the role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku is experiencing continued growth. We are looking for a Controls Engineer to join our Group Project Integration Team. As part of an established team you will work on a large variety of local and international projects. You will get the chance to work closely with a diverse range of other discipline and project teams in our New Zealand and overseas offices. This role will be ideal for an individual who is looking to further both their knowledge and career along with contributing to the success of the business.
Working across a range of projects and clients, you will be responsible for control system design and technology utilisation with a focus on efficiency and cost effectiveness. Your responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Developing and programming of PLC, SCADA and HMI Software.
- Control system design for preparation of CAD drawings.
- Assist in the development of functional description specifications (FDS).
- Ensure that any factory acceptance testing or site testing is undertaken and aligns with the requirements to various projects.
Ideally with experience within aviation, warehouse or related industry sector, you will have demonstrated achievements with all facets of control system design. This includes subject matter expertise in PLC, SCADA and HMI environments. You will be respected by your peers for your innovative and conceptual reasoning skills. Your ability to clearly communicate detailed technical information in an uncomplicated manner is the hallmark of your success and the respect you have gained from stakeholders as a trusted advisor. In support of this you will have excellent time management skills and track record of successfully delivering complex service offerings improving business performance and exceeding client expectations.
If you are enjoy working closely with clients on the development and deployment of tailored systems, we can offer you a visible role as part of a high performance business with strong growth agenda in new markets and regions.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks