- Join an industry leader supporting a key client, Melbourne Airport
- Excellent company culture
- Free onsite parking
About the Role
As a Global leader in material handling automation, Daifuku BCS continues to experience rapid growth. As a Duty Manager, you will join our Operations and Maintenance team (O&M) based at Melbourne Airport. You will be accountable for the operations and maintenance of Baggage Handling Systems as well as the maintenance of Passenger Boarding Bridges and associated equipment. In this capacity, you will manage the expectations of diverse stakeholders including airport management, ground staff and the public. Knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems is critical for the successful performance of this role and ensures service level agreements are met.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the operational response and manage the expectations of key stakeholders in times of crisis and providing strategic direction for problem resolutions
- In collaboration with Shift Leader, allocate and assign available staff to achieve operational objectives and systems maintenance work in line with quality management principles
- Measurement and analysis of shift, process and system performance against agreed KPIs and service levels identifying and resolving non conformances
- Manage smooth operations of assets including crisis management and providing progress reports to stakeholders
You will have extensive operations and maintenance leadership experience, ideally gained in the Aviation, Warehouse and Distribution or related sectors. With significant experience working in dynamic and fast paced environments, you know the value of remaining calm, when identifying the issues and providing clear resolutions. As a leader, you will balance the needs of your team with the operational performance of assets. You will be familiar working a 24/7 rotating roster.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you are looking for a rewarding career that offers world class opportunities, we would love to hear from you.
Please note, we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Australian citizens or permanent residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks