Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
- Hands on maintenance and fault finding role for an experienced Industrial Mechanic
- Want to work close to home, with free parking?
- Join a crew and be part of supportive team
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku continues to experience rapid growth. We have a great opportunity for a qualified and experienced Industrial Mechanic to join our team working on site with TNT at their Tullamarine Distribution Centre as a Systems Technician, Mechanic. As part of a crew you will be responsible for maintaining and conducting preventative maintenance on all freight handling equipment and for providing a breakdown response. Based on your experience you will also provide the client with operational improvement recommendations and ensuring the smooth running of the facility and equipment under their control.
As part of a supportive team your key responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Ensuring that materials handling system is operational and issues are rectified safely, quickly and efficiently.
- Ensure the efficient operation and maintenance of equipment in line with contractual obligations.
- Support and assist Technicians.
- Complete reporting and paperwork as required.
As an Industrial Mechanic, you'll have gained experience in warehouse, aviation, production or related environment. As a certified Mechanical Fitter, you will ideally have proven experience wiith maintenance, renewals, trouble shooting and fault finding. You will enjoy working as part of supportive and dedicated crew, focused on getting the job done safely. You will be used to responding to faults and understand that at times their will be routine tasks to perform. This is a great role for someone who wants to work with leading edge technology, where you can share your knowledge and continue to learn.
To succeed in this role, you will require:
- Current Certifications as a Mechanical Fitter is essential.
- High level of safety
- Previous experience with maintaining conveyors, motor gear box assemblies, shafts and bearing drives
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out renewals, repairs and maintenance on various freight handling equipment
- Previous experience in working to various scheduled that include preventative maintenance.
- Proven skills in ensuring documentation, checks lists, and associated records are maintained and accurate.
- Good verbal and written communications.
- High level of customer service.
- Able to work a shift roster.
- Hold a current and clear driver's license.
- A company uniform will be provided.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, we would like to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks
Applications Close: 30 Aug 2019