Site Operations Manager
- Are you a material handling systems expert with proven experience managing an Operations & Maintenance function?
- With a strong delivery focus, you'll confidently manage the expectations of clients and the development of your team.
- You'll know where and how to make improvements to process and systems with a strong WHS&E focus
About the Role
As a Global Leader in material handling automation Daifuku continues to experience continued growth. We are seeking an experienced Site Operations Manager to drive the Operations & Maintenance function at Auckland Airport. In this key site leadership role you will work with key stakeholders to maximise the performance and output of our Manual Handling System (MHS) and other associated freight equipment based at the site.
With a focus on continuous improvement you'll be responsible for ensuring:
- The operations safely deliver quality outcomes to the required standard and profitability for Daifuku and Auckland Airport
- The MHS and related infrastructure operate in a manner that matches or exceeds the performance standards required by Auckland Airport, in line with KPIs
- That the fulfilment of the contracted services is delivered in a manner consistent with applicable Workcover guidelines providing a safe working environment for all staff, visitors, public and stakeholders
As an Operations and Maintenance Manager, you'll have significant experience in Aviation, Warehousing, Logistics or Production. This includes mentoring small teams to safely and efficiently improve performance outcomes. With relevant Trade qualifications and accreditation with Lean/Six Sigma, you'll be recognised for your mechanical aptitude and your ability to work through complex issues, negotiate solutions that balance the needs of all stakeholders.
To succeed in this role, you'll be used to working in a fast paced business where flexibility is required to support 24/7 operations. You will have the capacity to switch between operational and strategic thinking, and be recognised as on safety champion.
As a Operations Manager you will be recognised by your peers for your conceptual reasoning skills and ability to calmly respond to and resolve complex time bound problems. As a leader you will be passionate about sharing you technical knowledge with stakeholder and developing your team, and know the importance of clear communication to gain stakeholder buy-in.
Daifuku is a multi-dimensional global company who have over 9,000 employees worldwide. We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our talents and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities we'd like to hear from you!
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.
## No Agencies thanks
Applications Close: 30 Aug 2019