Dual Trade Industrial Maintenance Technician
Work close to home in a Dual Trade maintenance role, with state of the art automation systems!
- Hands on maintenance and fault finding role for an experienced Dual Trade Technician
- Join a crew and be part of supportive team
Daifuku are a Global Leader in material handling automation, and we are continuing to rapidly grow! We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We have a great opportunity for a qualified and experienced Industrial Electrician to join our team working at Auckland Airport as a Dual Trade Industrial Maintenance Technician.
As part of a crew you will be responsible for maintaining and conducting preventative maintenance on all the baggage handling equipment, systems and services. Based on your Electrical and Mechanical experience you will also provide the client with operational improvement recommendations and ensuring the smooth running of the facility and equipment under their control, whilst ensuring that the operations and maintenance for all aspects of Baggage handling system, Passenger Boarding Bridges, Nose In Guidance Systems (NIGS) are carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
Ideally, you'll have gained experience in warehouse, aviation, production or related environment. With an unrestricted electrical license & Mechanical Fitter Certification, you will ideally have PLC and fault-finding experience. You enjoy working as part of supportive and dedicated crew, focused on getting the job done safely. You will be used to responding to faults and understand that at times their will be routine tasks to perform. This is a great role for someone who wants to work with leading edge technology, where you can share your knowledge and continue to learn.
To succeed in this role, you will be a certified Electrician or Mechanical Fitter with:
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out various electrical tasks, e.g. renewals, repairs and maintenance
- Preferred expertise in SCADA Systems (can train for this)
- Knowledge and understanding of PLC's (Omron preferred)
- Knowledge and skills in Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems (highly desirable)
- Proven skills in ensuring documentation, checks lists, and records are maintained and accurate
- Good verbal and written communications
- Able to work a 24 /7 shift roster
- Hold a current and clear driver's license
- Able to obtain Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and airside driver's license
Daifuku are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, we'd like to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role