Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Work close to home & skip Auckland traffic in this South Auckland Mechanic opportunity!
- Do you enjoy hands-on maintenance & fault-finding?
- Want to work with state of the art automation systems?
- Join us today & become a part of our supportive team
About the Role
Daifuku are a Global Leader in material handling automation, and we are continuing to rapidly grow! We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We have a great opportunity for a qualified and experienced Industrial Fitter / Mechanic to join our team working at Auckland Airport! Skip the traffic and do what you love!
As part of a crew you will be responsible for maintaining and conducting preventative maintenance on all the baggage handling equipment, systems and services. You will provide the client with operational improvement recommendations, ensuring the smooth running of the facility and equipment under their control. You will furthermore ensure that the operations and maintenance for all aspects of baggage handling system, Passenger Boarding Bridges, Nose In Guidance Systems (NIGS) is carried out in a safe and efficient manner.
You will have gained experience in warehouse, aviation, production or related environment. As a certified Mechanical Fitter, you will ideally have proven experience with maintenance, renewals, trouble shooting and fault finding. You will enjoy working as part of supportive and dedicated crew, focused on getting the job done safely. You will be used to responding to faults and understand that at times their will be routine tasks to perform. This is a great role for someone who wants to work with leading edge technology, where you can share your knowledge and continue to learn.
To be successful in this role, you will be a certified Mechanical Fitter with:
- Current and proven expertise in SCADA Systems Operation, along with airflow or similar
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out renewals, repairs and maintenance various equipment
- Previous experience in working to various scheduled that include preventative maintenance
- Knowledge and skills in Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems is highly desirable
- Proven skills in ensuring documentation, checks lists, and associated records are maintained and accurate
- Good verbal and written communications
- Able to work a 24/7 shift roster
- Hold a current and clear driver's license
- Able to obtain Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and airside driver's license
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, we'd like to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.