Industrial Maintenance Electrician
Work close to home. Skip Auckland traffic in this South Auckland Electrical opportunity
- Are you an Electrician who enjoys hands-on maintenance & fault-finding?
- Work with state of the art automation systems
- Join today as part of a supportive team
Daifuku are a Global Leader in material handling automation, and we are continuing to rapidly grow! We specialise in material handling automation within both the aviation and logistic industries. We are the world's leading exponent on material handling solutions and are constantly striving for innovative solutions for our clients that cover industrial automation and sortation solutions.
We are currently looking for an Industrial Maintenance Electrician to work with our team based at Auckland Airport.
As part of the crew, you will be responsible for maintaining and conducting preventative maintenance on all the baggage handling equipment, systems and services. You will also be able to provide operational improvement recommendations and ensure the smooth running of the facility.
We are looking for someone who has gained experience in a warehouse, aviation, production or related environment. With an unrestricted electrical license, you will ideally have PLC and fault-finding experience. You will be used to responding to faults and understand that at times their will be routine tasks to perform. This is a great role for someone who wants to work with leading edge technology, where you can share your knowledge and continue to learn.
To succeed in this role, you will be a Licensed Electrician with:
- Demonstrated skills in carrying out various electrical tasks, e.g. renewals, repairs and maintenance
- Previous experience working with preventative maintenance
- Preferred expertise in SCADA Systems (training for this can be provided)
- Knowledge and understanding of PLC (Omron preferred)
- Knowledge and skills in Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- A current and clean driver's licence
- Ability to work a 24/7 shift roster
- Ability to obtain Aviation Security Identification Card (ASIC) and airside driver's license.
We are committed to supporting a safe, diverse and inclusive culture where our contributions and differences are valued. We encourage our people to work collaboratively, demonstrating creativity and innovation (looking beyond the obvious) to deliver outstanding service to our customers.
It's an exciting time to be a part of Daifuku. So, if you're looking for a rewarding career that offers world-class opportunities, we'd like to hear from you.
Please note we may consider applications on an ongoing basis and therefore encourage you to apply at your earliest opportunity.
Only applicants who are Citizens or Permanent Residents will be considered for this role.